none
Copy all data on Database then Transfer to Another Database

Question

• Good Day,

How can i Transfer the Data only on another database, the new Database the same Tables and structure so i only need Data? your help will much be appreciated.

Thank you,
    EOS

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Eos,

As per my understanding, You can use BCP Tool to Import/Export only the data.

Other such tools can be via SSIS Data Import/Export Wizard, Select INTO statement.

Or you can also export the table data onto a csv & import it into the new database via BULK INSERT.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Adarsh

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 2:29 PM
  • Hi,

For more detail i have the new database with tables but no data because of clean up, my old database contains the data so i just want to copy just the data on my old to new database.
    Wednesday, May 07, 2014 2:45 PM
  • If you have new database with same structure and metadata as old db, bettter to take full backup and restore it.

Other option could be SSIS package. If you have huge data in the tables, you may need to drop the indexes on destination db and recreate them. Other thing like table relations have to be considered (Load primary tables first).

Regards,

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 3:10 PM
  • The reason why im copying the data only because my Old Database have a many missing Indexes that why i just only need the data, and the backup restore is not applicable.

How can i do that SSIS package?
    Wednesday, May 07, 2014 3:14 PM