none
You cannot logon because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer.

Question

• Hi I had a hardrive crash and lost my exchange database tried repairing didnt work in the end I installed new exchange database then i removed mail boxes one by one added them back attached them to the new email database, then went and inported individual pst's all good email flowing. Rebooted server cannot login with any of the admin accounts i would say I have lost group policies connection to users.

I now have SBS 2008 Exchage 2007 server running doing everything it is supposed to but I cannot login I understand the AD administrator password is disabled. my normal admin password does not work and the users that had remote desktop priviliges do not work either. Surely there is some way I can enable the AD administrator or activate my user admin password. 

Regards John Bosich.

• Moved by Joson ZhouModerator Friday, July 09, 2010 2:59 AM Small Business Server (From:Group Policy)
    Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you know the local admin account password... Reboot... login as the administrato via safe mode...  You can still logon with the local administrator even when it is disabled so long as you are in safemode.
    Alan Burchill (MVP)
    http://www.grouppolicy.biz
    Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:39 PM
  • Hi Alan thanks for your prompt reply I tried that and it does not work comes up with same message.

Regards John Bosich.

Friday, July 09, 2010 1:05 AM
  • Hi I had a hardrive crash and lost my exchange database tried repairing didnt work in the end I installed new exchange database then i removed mail boxes one by one added them back attached them to the new email database, then went and inported individual pst's all good email flowing. Rebooted server cannot login with any of the admin accounts i would say I have lost group policies connection to users.

I now have SBS 2008 Exchage 2007 server running doing everything it is supposed to but I cannot login I understand the AD administrator password is disabled. my normal admin password does not work and the users that had remote desktop priviliges do not work either. Surely there is some way I can enable the AD administrator or activate my user admin password. 

Regards John Bosich.

When you say you "removed mail boxes one by one", are you saying that you deleted the user accounts? When you added them back, were you using the SBS Console?

When was the Administrator account disabled? It is not normally done so by default on the server. It is normally given a user defined name during the installation process.

Are there any more administrator accounts remaining on the server that are enabled?

Regards, Boon Tee - PowerBiz Solutions, Australia
    Friday, July 09, 2010 11:35 AM
  • Thanks all for your interest, have reinstalled SBS 2008 from scratch.

Regards John Bosich.

Friday, July 09, 2010 6:56 PM