none
How could I know the data & time of messages which exchange2010 mailuser sent ?

Question

• How could I know the data & time of messages which exchange2010 mailuser sent ?

We use Exch2010.

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Message Tracking or check the item in the sent items folder

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Friday, October 11, 2013 12:03 PM
  • Thank you.

We can see sent item date & time by messagetrackinglog ?

If yes, what event id and event source should I see to find when outlook user sent message to Exchange MBX server ?

In my understanding Outlook2010 send message firstly MBX server.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 10:52 AM
  • It's not in the Event Viewer logs that you will see those entries but rather in the Message Tracking logs that in Exchange 2010 can be viewed several different ways. This blog post explains those options:

http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2010-message-tracking/

If you are most familiar with the EMC (Management Console), you might want to concentrate on this section:

"Searching Message Tracking Logs in Exchange Server 2010"

Of course, if you are dealing with sent items, the first place to look is the sent items folder.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Thank you.

I mean eventid and source column of the result of messagetrackinglog.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:23 PM
  • Why don't you have a look for yourself? It's not like this information that can't be discerned by even a neophyte Exchange administrator.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:48 PM
  • Thank you.

Surely I did messagetrackinglog . but I am not sure which message means the date & time of Exchange server received message from Outlook sender.

End user insisted that mail delivery was delayed and I would like to confirm when that user send the mail from Outlook and when that mail is received by that user's Exchange. 

Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:42 AM
  • Thank you.

Surely I did messagetrackinglog . but I am not sure which message means the date & time of Exchange server received message from Outlook sender.

End user insisted that mail delivery was delayed and I would like to confirm when that user send the mail from Outlook and when that mail is received by that user's Exchange. 

Look for the SUBMIT event. That shows what time the transport store driver was notified that there was a message in the user's outbox

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:20 PM
  • The "SUBMIT" event represents the time the message arrived at the Information Store.

The "SUBMIT" event is only present in the message tracking log files on the mailbox server(s). If you have only one Exchange server you shouldn't have to worry about selecting the right server when you search the log files, but if the HT and MB roles are on different servers you must specify the mailbox server in the search criteria.

Rather than look at the message tracking logs you can have a look at the message headers in the mailbox of the person that received the message. The "Date" header should represent the time the sender sent the message. The "Received" headers track the message through every SMTP server that touches the message.

In some cases you may find that the sender wasn't connected to the mailbox when the messages was sent. That looks like a delay, but it's a delay caused by the sender, not the server.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:32 PM
  • Hi,

Let’s begin with the article below:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/messaging_with_communications/archive/2011/04/22/how-to-track-message-in-exchange-2003-2007-2010.aspx

We can check the data & time of messages which exchange2010 mail user sent by running:

Get-MessageTrackingLog –sender “mail user’s SMTP address” | Select-Object MessageId ,Timestamp,Source,EventId,Recipients

Hope it can help you.

Thanks,

Angela

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:27 AM