none
BizTalk 2013. Problem when adding reference to BizTalk EDI Application

Question

• I am a BizTalk newbie.  I want to create a BizTalk EDI solution.  So I am trying to follow the tutorial found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/gg153503.aspx

So I opened the Visual Studio 2012 solution provided in the SDK.  I go to the point where it tells me to right-click EDISolution, Add, and References.  The tutorial says to then choose the BizTalk EDI Application.  But this does not display.  I get this instead:

There are no applications that can referenced by 'EDISolutions'.

I want back and I do not see any steps that I missed.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bob

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:56 PM

Answers

• So far, the only way I can replicate that error message is by deleting all applications other than BizTalk.System and one default application.

If I understand you correctly, you should have at least three applications: BizTalk.System, EDISolutions and BizTalk EDI Application? You encounter the error message when you from EDISolutions try to add a reference to another application (BizTalk EDI Application in this case)?

What happens if you create another empty application and try to create a reference to/from that?

• Marked as answer by bobh99 Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:56 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:29 PM

All replies

• Have you installed and configured the EDI/AS2 runtime?

I.e. when you run the BizTalk Server Configuration application, do you see that BizTalk EDI/AS2 Runtime is configured? Also, do you see the BizTalk EDI Application in the BizTalk Server Administration Console?

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:14 PM
  • Hi

link is talking about adding reference to EDISolutions Application of  Biztalk EDI Application in the Biztalk Admin Console , not in Visual studio.

Regards

Mohit

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Yes, I see BizTalk EDI Application under Applications.  And yes, when I run BizTalk Server Configuration, I see BizTalk EDI/AS2 Runtime and it has a green checkbox checked next to it.

What am I doing wrong?

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:40 PM
  • Mohit,

Yes, I understand that.  I am doing this in BizTalk not VS 2012.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:41 PM
  • So far, the only way I can replicate that error message is by deleting all applications other than BizTalk.System and one default application.

If I understand you correctly, you should have at least three applications: BizTalk.System, EDISolutions and BizTalk EDI Application? You encounter the error message when you from EDISolutions try to add a reference to another application (BizTalk EDI Application in this case)?

What happens if you create another empty application and try to create a reference to/from that?

• Marked as answer by bobh99 Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:56 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:29 PM
  • Marcus,

After reading your reply, I deleted EDISolution and started over.  Now when I add the reference, BizTalk EDI Application is there and I can select it. I must have done something wrong the first time through.  So this works now.  

Thanks for your help!

Bob

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:56 PM