none
[WSUS] Difference between "Re-prompt for restart" and "Delay restart for scheduled installation" ?

Question

• Hello,

I dont understand the difference between the GPO setting "Re-prompt for restart with scheduled installation" and "Delay restart for scheduled installation" ? 

In my situation, I have the option "4" for the automatic updates and I would like to force the reboot after 4 hours, with a prompt every 60 minutes.

Is is possible to do so ? 

Thank you

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Delay Restart for Scheduled Installations

This policy specifies the amount of time for Automatic Updates to wait before proceeding with a scheduled restart.

If the status is set to Enabled, a scheduled restart will occur the specified number of minutes after the installation is finished.

If the status is set to Disabled or Not Configured, the default wait time is five minutes.

Re-prompt for Restart with Scheduled Installations

This policy specifies the amount of time for Automatic Updates to wait before prompting the user again for a scheduled restart.

If the status is set to Enabled, a scheduled restart will occur the specified number of minutes after the previous prompt for restart was postponed.

If the status is set to Disabled or Not Configured, the default interval is 10 minutes.

More details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939933(v=ws.10).aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

Cataleya Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:47 AM