none
IE Browser Crash

Question

• IE7 or IE8 crashes when using infopath 2010. The user had IE7 and was able to submit numerous forms and then the browser began to crash. I installed IE8 and once again the user submitted serveral forms and then IE8 browser started crashing. Have anyone else come across this issue?
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

• Is the problem existing on other IE browser in you company?
    • Is the crash coming from a specific event (add line in repeating table, set a value,...)?

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:31 PM
  • The InfoPath form does have a repeating table, but it's weird that everything work for weeks and then start crashing. I'm using IE9 and my browser crash when I was using regular SharePoint 2010 list.

Have you notice something with repeating tables?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:19 PM
  • Can you elaborate on Operating System and 32 bit or 64 bit ?

What are the fields used in form, how many are repeatable ?

Can you give link for template, so that we can replicate the problem ?

Thanks,

Raghu

Monday, April 30, 2012 11:52 PM
  • Has anyone found a solution for IE 7 crashing when using InfoPath 2010?
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 4:14 PM
  • I have a similar issue. I have an InfoPath form designed in Office 2010 InfoPath and hosted on a SharePoint 2010 site. I have had users running both XP Pro 32bit and Win7 32bit, but the common denominator is IE8, randomly a field will constantly cause the entire form to crash when simply clicking on it to interact w/ it. IE8 goes to a “This tab had been recovered” help bubble pointing at the offending tab. The fact the form works with, Chrome, IE7, and even some others using IE8, I am chalking it up to a random failure w/ IE8, something is corrupted in it and it takes IT to completely recover IE8 on the machine to resolve it.

Friday, November 02, 2012 12:19 AM