none
Journaling duplicate email messages

Question

• I am tryin to setup journaling on an exchange server 2003 org. When I set this up on a mailbox store I get duplicate emails in the journaling mailbox. I have setup envolope journaling by changing the setting to 512 instead of 0 through adisi edit. The two emails that appear in the mailbox are different, one has the flag PR_CONTENT_INDENTIFIER_W ExJournalReport and the other does not. The second one is simply an exact copy of my email and the first is the envalope journal. Oddly on the journal report it lists the recipients only as the journal mailbox and not one of the intended recipients:

Recipients:
     "journalmailbox" <smtp:journalmailbox@domain.co.uk>,
     "journalmailbox" <smtp:journalmailbox@domain.co.uk>

Saturday, November 05, 2011 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Bluemoon404,

Please make sure you follow the below link to enable the Envelope journaling:

Troubleshooting message journaling in Exchange Server 2003 and in Exchange 2000 Server

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843105

Did it work if you just enabled the Standard journaling?

If possible, please disable the Envelope journaling and re-enable it using Exejcfg.exe tool.

Frank Wang

Monday, November 07, 2011 6:50 AM
  • I have re-enabled the envelope journal with the exejcfg tool and i still get three emails, one to the recipient and to the journal mailbox and one standard journal. Should turning on envelope journaling disable the standard journal, if so I need to troubleshoot why I'm still getting this extra email. when I turn on standard journaling only I get one email.

thanks

Monday, November 07, 2011 10:50 AM