none
MS Query Error - The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between Driver & Application

Question

• I'm attempting to connect to an Informix server 64 bit. I've installed the Informix SDK 3.70 64 bit client and have tested the ODBC connectivity and it works. When I run MS Query in Excel 2010 I get the above error. I have reinstalled this twice. Removing all programs, program references and registry keys. The ODBC setup appears to be working in the 64 bit mode. I am forced to set a user DSN vs System DSN (this is another issue). It looks like MS Query is working in 32 bit mode somehow as if I select <New Data Source> it only brings up the 32 bit ODBC drivers not the 64. Is there a switch/registry setting that MS Query in EXcel 2010 / Windows 7 64bit needs to have set/changed? Please assist. Many thanks
    Thursday, April 07, 2011 12:28 AM

Answers

• Are you running 64-bit Excel (Office)? If not, then MSQuery would only run in the 32-bit mode and the 64-bit drivers would not show up.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

• Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Monday, April 11, 2011 2:09 AM
    Friday, April 08, 2011 7:16 PM

All replies

• Are you running 64-bit Excel (Office)? If not, then MSQuery would only run in the 32-bit mode and the 64-bit drivers would not show up.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

• Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Monday, April 11, 2011 2:09 AM
    Friday, April 08, 2011 7:16 PM

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

I'm having the same problem.  The Windows 7 compatibility page says that the version of Excel I am on is both 32 and 64 bit compliant, but the "about" screen says nothing about being either 32 or 64 bit.

What can I do to determine exactly what version of Excel I have and its compatibility with 32 and/or 64 bit drivers?

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Has anyone ever figured out why this is happening and found a solution?
    Monday, April 30, 2012 3:20 PM