none
Customising "Copy standard Folders" when replicating to Linked Deployment Shares.

Question

• I have a setup of a development DS linked to a mirror and 6 "Child" DS's without all the testing stuff they don't need. I just use manual replication of the shares via the workbench but would like to customize what is copied when you check the "Copy standard folders" option. Specifically; my CS.ini has a fair amount of customization but is not dependent on the server name so I would like to have that included.

I realize that for all the shares I'm dealing with, I could manually copy this over, and have done in the past, but I tinker a lot (hence separating the development and deployment shares) and I fail to see why I should have to remember to do this when I have a computer to do that for me.

So, is there an XML file somewhere or something like that where I can specify the file/folder list. My searches have yet to furnish me with anything helpful.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:50 PM

Answers

• http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2009/10/01/mdt-2010-new-feature-21-copying-extra-folders.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by b_mil Monday, April 01, 2013 6:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Martin J. Little Monday, May 27, 2013 11:34 AM
    Monday, April 01, 2013 6:32 PM

All replies

• Is it selection profiles you're thinking of? It is located under the advance folder in MDT Workbench.
    Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:14 PM
  • No, Selection Profiles only cover the "Folder" structure within the Workbench, not the underlying actual folder structure within the deployment share, I have "Extra Files" folders and things in there that would be good to automatically syncronise that are not included normally. And yes I know that using DFS would take care of this, unfortunately that is not within my power to impliment at this time.
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:05 AM
  • http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2009/10/01/mdt-2010-new-feature-21-copying-extra-folders.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by b_mil Monday, April 01, 2013 6:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Martin J. Little Monday, May 27, 2013 11:34 AM
    Monday, April 01, 2013 6:32 PM