none
App-V Error : The volume does not contain a recognized file system

Question

• Hello

I have sequenced an application on App-V 4.6 SP2 and have included some OSD scripting in at for the Pre launch state to import some regsiteries and copy files\folders.
    Im checking the application on SP2 Client itself, at first launch the shortcuts launch fine and the OSD script also work correctly. However once i close the shortcut and is shutdown completely, if i try to relaunch it it gives me an error "The volume does not contain a recognized file system.Please make sure that all the required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted". If i reboot the machine and retry it launches but this only once have to reboot everytime after launching shortcut.
    This happens only on Win7 and not on XP while testing the package on VmWare. Have even tried sequencing the application on Win7 but no luck :(

Any suggestions to resolve the error will be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:45 AM

All replies

• Is there any difference between your XP environment and your Windows 7 environment? Maybe policies? Redirected user folders? Roaming Profiles?

I assume the application works without issue when installed directly on Windows 7?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:02 PM
  • Hello,

Older thread;

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bccf1069-39b7-4d6d-9a3b-f64e39dac97e/appv-client-launch-error-29000003ed

Have you tried removing any antivirus and / or third-party encryption tools ?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:46 PM
  • There are no issues if the application is installed directly on Windows7.

The error i see is also seen if i test the application using the local users as well were user related GPO's are not applied. have also observed the error in domain users a well

Friday, September 27, 2013 7:20 AM
  • The older thread suggests installing the hotfixes for SP1, but since im testing on SP2 client that should be out of question.

We are currently using McAfee as the antivirus, im not sure this could be removed as there is HIPS also installed, also our policies do ask us to never touch the antivirus part and should always be running.

there are no encrytpion tools as its a clean VMware im testing it on with just the App-V Client and Office 2010.

Friday, September 27, 2013 7:23 AM
  • Hello,

Is there any reason you can not test if it makes a difference in removing the AV?

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:30 AM
  • How are the apps being delivered?

Do we have a shared cache at play here?

Steve Thomas, Senior Consultant, Microsoft

App-V/MED-V/SCVMM/Server App-V/MDOP/AppCompat

http://blogs.technet.com/gladiatormsft/
    The App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
    The MED-V Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv
    The SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm/

“This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all risks.”

Sunday, September 29, 2013 4:02 AM
  • Currently we are using "Standalone mode without streaming", hence the apps are delivered using msi.

Also even if only a single app is installed i get the above errors on 2nd and subsequent launches.

On a side note, is there a limit on how big file can be copied from the OSD scripting. currently in the same application i am copying a 180 mb file through OSD scripting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Monday, October 21, 2013 8:17 AM
  • If you remove the copy-operation, does the error still occur?

Monday, October 21, 2013 7:00 PM
  • If i remove the copy operation the error goes off when tested cleanly again.

But i cant remove the copy operation, it needs to be there for correct working.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:52 AM
  • Hello,

well, your software doesn't seem to be working when adding it either.

What location into the package are you copying these files to?

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:51 AM
  • If i reboot and retry launching then it does work for that instance and if i try again it gives me same error. Hence there is something fishy thats happening i suppose.

I am copying the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\<App Folder>.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:45 AM
  • Hello,

If you copy only 100mb of files - does that make a difference?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:36 AM
  • I need to check on this but will require a 100mb single file as earlier it was single 180mb file. Need to search for it in our database.
    Friday, October 25, 2013 11:39 AM