none
[Infopath + Sharepoint 2013 online] Warning during connecting to webservice

Question

• Hello

I work on office 365 version of Sharepoint. Im trying to design form with combobox with user groups.

Im using this tutorial : http://nickhobbs.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/sharepoint-2010-display-sharepoint-groups-in-an-infopath-form-drop-down-list-box/

My form work fine, however site is opening warning popup:

" Warning 

An error occurred querying a data source. 
    Click OK to resume filling out the form. You may want to check your form data for errors. 

Hide error details 
    An error occurred while trying to connect to a Web service.

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server. 
    Log ID:5566
    Correlation ID:d633b39c-9075-1000-7e7c-91e49088cbd0 

Can someone help me?

Friday, August 29, 2014 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Capitan, I believe this is an issue with permissions to access the groups database. Make sure you have read access to that database. You may be able to get away with changing the data connection to a specific site instead of the top-level site.

cameron rautmann

Friday, August 29, 2014 6:33 PM
  • Hi Capitan,

Use the Design Checker under "File" -> "Info".  This may help you find the issue

Friday, August 29, 2014 8:14 PM
  • This is Online version. I think i have no way to change permission to database (if im wrong, plese reply - i am a noobbie in sharepoint).
    Saturday, August 30, 2014 7:12 PM
  • Hi Capitan,

Based on your description, my understanding is that the error occurred when you viewed the InfoPath form in SharePoint.

I recommend to use a site collection admin account in SharePoint to test to see if the issue still occurs.

Or you can check the permission of your account and make sure that your account has permission to view the groups in SharePoint.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 01, 2014 7:20 AM