none
SP2013 - InfoPath 2013 - Customised list form - Lookup column to external list

Question

• Customising list forms using InfoPath 2013 against SharePoint 2013.

Underlying content type included a lookup column to an external list (based on external content type -> SQL Server).

That column does not appear in InfoPath to place on my form.

My question is therefore - Am I therefore correct in assuming that customised list forms do not support lookup columns to external content type?

Just as they do not support managed meta data columns.

Thursday, October 03, 2013 3:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you had a list included a lookup column to an external list and you wanted to customize list forms using InfoPath 2013 against SharePoint 2013.

By design in InfoPath Designer,  they do not support lookup columns as well as managed meta data columns.

I try to reproduce the issue as follows:

1. Create a External Content Type using SharePoint Designer.
    2. Create an External List.
    3. Create a custom list, add a lookup column to the external list named Lookup.
    4. Customize Form, the InfoPath popup a dialoge which says ‘The following fields in the SharePoint list are not supported because of their data type and will be not available in InfoPath Designer:  - Lookup (BusinessData)’.
    5. Click OK, the Form don’t have the lookup column.

Regarding InfoPath product, I suggest you also open a thread at http://www.infopathdev.com/

I believe at that forum, more people in expertise in InfoPath may help you regarding this.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you had a list included a lookup column to an external list and you wanted to customize list forms using InfoPath 2013 against SharePoint 2013.

By design in InfoPath Designer,  they do not support lookup columns as well as managed meta data columns.

I try to reproduce the issue as follows:

1. Create a External Content Type using SharePoint Designer.
    2. Create an External List.
    3. Create a custom list, add a lookup column to the external list named Lookup.
    4. Customize Form, the InfoPath popup a dialoge which says ‘The following fields in the SharePoint list are not supported because of their data type and will be not available in InfoPath Designer:  - Lookup (BusinessData)’.
    5. Click OK, the Form don’t have the lookup column.

Regarding InfoPath product, I suggest you also open a thread at http://www.infopathdev.com/

I believe at that forum, more people in expertise in InfoPath may help you regarding this.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:53 AM
  • Linda, Thanks for the answer.  So they are not supported in InfoPath which is a shame. 
    Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:29 PM