none
MAPS Toolkit - SQL and SharePoint Servers NOT returning usage information.

Question

• Hi! I have installed the MAPS tool on our network, and as per the getting Started Guide, I have configured the log files for Sharepoint Server and turned on monitoring of SQL Server 2008 logon events. I have left this running for a while and copied the IIS logs and the Security.evtx file from the Sharepoint server and the Security.evtx file from the SQL Server to the MAPS server and parsed them. It says that the files have parsed successfully. I have figures in the "Combined Products", "Active Devices and Users", and "Windows Server" scenarios but nothing showing under "SharePoint Server" and "SQL Server".

Any ideas what I am not seeing anything, or how to troubleshoot further?

On Page 24  of the "Getting Started Guide" it says : 

"SQL Server 2008 Enterprise and Datacenter Editions introduced audit event configuration for Windows security logging, which enabled SQL Server 2008 to log logon events to the Windows Security log. The MAP Toolkit can parse these logs to track usage for SQL Server 2008 Enterprise and Datacenter Editions. "

Does this mean that SQL 2008 Standard is NOT Supported?

Similarly, with regards to Sharepoint, on page 28 it says:

"To capture access information for supported versions of Microsoft SharePoint Server" but I cannot find anywhere a list of which versions ARE supported.

It could be that my versions are not supported (?). 

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 4:36 PM