none
Unknown Error has Occured when exporting Scarecard to Excel or PowerPoint

Question

• I am wondering if anyone can point us in the right direction.  We get the following error in the event log when trying to export scorecards to Excel or PowerPoint.  Exporting a grid to PowerPoint or Excel works great.

An unexpected error occurred while trying to export.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\windows\temp\6c5da588-2f57-4ab6-ae75-ce135347978d0' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()

at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Common.Export.OfficeGrid.CreateMediaInstructions(ExportFormat exportFormat, List`1 sheetAllImages, Rectangle extents, Dictionary`2 sheetRowHeights, Dictionary`2 slideRowHeights, Dictionary`2 sheetColumnWidths, List`1& mediaInstructions, StringBuilder& slide1PicXmlFragment)

at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Common.Export.OfficeGrid..ctor(PrimitiveGrid grid, ExportFormat exportFormat)

at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Common.Export.NativeExport.ExportToOfficeDocument(ExportFormat exportFormat, PrimitiveGrid grid, String[] tempFileCleanupLog)

I am trying to provide some insight to our IT guys on what to look for on our SharePoint site.

Any insight would be great.

AlAiN

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:20 PM

Answers

• The user performing the export will need permissions to the windows temp directory in order to complete the export.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:35 PM

All replies

• The user performing the export will need permissions to the windows temp directory in order to complete the export.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:35 PM
  •  

Thank you.  My concern was with the 6c5da588-2f57-4ab6-ae75- in the path but I guess if we provide proper permissions to the c:\windows\temp we should be good to go.

Thank you, AlAiN

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:26 PM