none
STILL getting HTML displays of replies

Question

• I am still getting displays of my replies when I try to edit them. Once edited, the reply is displayed as HTML again!!

This is a frequent occurance, but I am not aware of the circumstances (settings and my actions) that may cause this.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:48 AM

Answers

All replies

•  
    I am still getting displays of my replies when I try to edit them. Once edited, the reply is displayed as HTML again!!

Don't try to edit those.  Cancel.  It often means that you already have another pending reply somewhere.  So, if you can't find it and can't remember what it was it should be no loss to close the browser and try starting over.  ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:21 PM
  •  
    I am still getting displays of my replies when I try to edit them. Once edited, the reply is displayed as HTML again!!

Don't try to edit those.  Cancel.  It often means that you already have another pending reply somewhere.  So, if you can't find it and can't remember what it was it should be no loss to close the browser and try starting over.  ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---
    No, its highly unlikely that I had two replies open in the same or different threads. The HTML tags occurred frequently, and the frustration became a factor in my avoiding the use of the MS Forums. This push of marking answers is another factor. The proper solution is either obvious, or not for all circumstances. This thread is an example; its almost 5 months old and much might have been done to the software, so who knows if your reply is the answer??
    • Edited by LouOttawa Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:25 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:24 PM
  • It's actually 1year and 5 months old. Are you still getting the problem, though?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:27 PM
    Answerer
  • It would be great to have the  browser/OS version etc and urls to an example.

Community Forums Program Manager

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:58 PM
    Answerer
  • It would be great to have the  browser/OS version etc and urls to an example.

Community Forums Program Manage

I don't care - Bye.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:03 PM
  • I don't care - Bye.

Then this is really the answer (that you don't want to get it solved anymore).

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 8:04 AM
    Owner