none
width and height of web part not respecting auto-adjust

Question

• I have a web part on a SharePoint 2013 site.  I have set the appearance for both width and height to "no. Adjust height to fit zone".  When the web part renders, it outputs the iframe as a fixed size of 800 x 600.  This creates scrollbars on the page and destroys the usability of my page.  How can I make the contents flow on the page appropriately without any scrollbar?

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:03 PM

Answers

• Shan,

I guess the issue is with the zone and not particularly the webpart. The Adjust to fit properties just allow the webpart to expand how much ever the zone occupies on the page. I have seen these problems particularly while using PerformancePoint content on SP 2013. While deploying a dashboard I always used to find difficulties when the reports used to render, specially when I used to try to stack one report on top of other. PPS dashboard designer however allowed me to edit the width and height of the zone and set them to auto size or to a percentage of the dashboard page.

What is this web part that you are using? I am sure you can create a web part page with a custom zone, what I have been doing is using PPS Designer and creating a blank dashboard with a single zone. I can modify the property of this zone and later edit the page and insert a web part of my choice. This page usually gets deployed within the dashboard library. I can deploy it to a library of my own or move the aspx page from the dashboards to a library of my choice.

This I know is certainly not the best way to go about it but it certainly works fine and saves time.

Thanks,

Vishal

Thursday, July 04, 2013 9:52 PM
  • You can try using the Windows.PostMessage method to auto resize based on the host window size.

http://blog.lekman.com/2013/03/automatically-resizing-app-parts-in.html

Blog | SharePoint Field Notes</> Dev Tool | SPFastDeploy</>

Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:34 PM

All replies

• Shan,

I guess the issue is with the zone and not particularly the webpart. The Adjust to fit properties just allow the webpart to expand how much ever the zone occupies on the page. I have seen these problems particularly while using PerformancePoint content on SP 2013. While deploying a dashboard I always used to find difficulties when the reports used to render, specially when I used to try to stack one report on top of other. PPS dashboard designer however allowed me to edit the width and height of the zone and set them to auto size or to a percentage of the dashboard page.

What is this web part that you are using? I am sure you can create a web part page with a custom zone, what I have been doing is using PPS Designer and creating a blank dashboard with a single zone. I can modify the property of this zone and later edit the page and insert a web part of my choice. This page usually gets deployed within the dashboard library. I can deploy it to a library of my own or move the aspx page from the dashboards to a library of my choice.

This I know is certainly not the best way to go about it but it certainly works fine and saves time.

Thanks,

Vishal

Thursday, July 04, 2013 9:52 PM
  • You can try using the Windows.PostMessage method to auto resize based on the host window size.

http://blog.lekman.com/2013/03/automatically-resizing-app-parts-in.html

Blog | SharePoint Field Notes</> Dev Tool | SPFastDeploy</>

Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:34 PM