none
accessing reporting services in ssrs 2008

Question

• In a new position that I have, I am told that I will be connecting to reporting services for a sql server 2008 database. My question is, is this where SSRS 2008 reports are displayed and/or deployed to the reporting server? Is this where users can access report buiulder?

I am asking this question since I do not know what the difference is between logging into reporting services, integration services, and/or analysis service is setup for?

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 7:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Wendy,

In Reporting Services, we can deploy the report to Report Server, and then we can use the Report Manager to view the reports.

• The report server is the central component of a Reporting Services installation. It consists of a pair of core processors plus a collection of special-purpose extensions that handle authentication, data processing, rendering, and delivery operations. Processors are the hub of the report server. We can access to report server using the URL:
      http://<servername>/ReportServer
    • Report Manager is an ASP.NET web application that provides report management/viewing capabilities for a Reporting Services instance configured in native mode. We can access to report server using the URL:
      http://<servername>/Reports

For the questions "Is this where users can access report buiulder", please refer to the link to see how to start Report Builder:
    Start Report Builder (Report Builder)

Besides, you can refer to the links below to see difference is between logging into reporting services, integration services, and/or analysis service.
    Reporting Services in SQL Server Management Studio (SSRS)
    Managing Analysis Services Using SQL Server Management Studio
    View Integration Services Packages in SQL Server Management Studio (SSIS Service)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 2:38 AM