none
which versions of windows 8 supports hyper-V function

Question

• hello,

I don't see hyper-v  function in add features  section of control panel. I have the simple version of windows 8 is that the problem? which versions of windows 8 supports hyper-v function ? is that ultimate,professional,enterprise versions as the windows 7 supported virtual pc with this versions!  my hardware is compatible for requirements of virtual pc

thanks

johan

h.david

Saturday, December 07, 2013 8:17 PM

Answers

• Professional for sure can do hyper-V, and I think Enterprise does as
    well.  There is no Ultimate version.

Bob Comer - Microsoft MVP Virtual Machine
    Saturday, December 07, 2013 9:32 PM
  • You need Pro or Enterprise: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/extremewindows/archive/2013/06/20/hyper-v-support-in-windows-8.aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Sunday, December 08, 2013 12:27 AM
  • thanks,

but wat about windows 8.1 .  is 8.1 also supports hyper-v in only in Enterprise and professional  version or in other version too.

johan

h.david

8.1 is the same as 8.0, for the client hyper-v feature

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Sunday, December 08, 2013 7:59 PM

All replies

• Professional for sure can do hyper-V, and I think Enterprise does as
    well.  There is no Ultimate version.

Bob Comer - Microsoft MVP Virtual Machine
    Saturday, December 07, 2013 9:32 PM
  • You need Pro or Enterprise: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/extremewindows/archive/2013/06/20/hyper-v-support-in-windows-8.aspx

Don

Sunday, December 08, 2013 12:27 AM
  • thanks,

but wat about windows 8.1 .  is 8.1 also supports hyper-v in only in Enterprise and professional  version or in other version too.

johan

h.david

Sunday, December 08, 2013 7:57 PM
  • thanks,

johan

h.david

8.1 is the same as 8.0, for the client hyper-v feature

Don

Sunday, December 08, 2013 7:59 PM