none
Age of empires III

Question

• Hey guys

I am writing to you because I have constant problems with the game AOE III and the expansion Asian Dynasties. 

About 20 minutes after starting the game, I get the first blue screen, the computer reboots and that is it. If I start the game again, the blue error screen appears after 5 minutes. This is the message :

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to  your computer.

Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use a safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000116 (0xFFFFFA8005DCB010, 0xFFFFF8800615B700, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A,0X0000000000000004)

*** nvlddmkm.sys - Adress FFFFF8800615B700 base at FFFFF8800586E00, Datestamp S1c41788

Collecting data for crash dump...
    Initializing disk fro crash dump...
    Beginning dump of physical memory.
    Dumping physical memory to disk: 65 "

The laptop is new, my specifications are:

- Windows 7 Home premium (64 b)
    - Intel Core i5 2450 M
    - Vram : Nvidia GT540 M gDDR3 1GB_Hybrid
    - Memory 6 GB

I have updated DirectX, the drivers for Nvidia and reinstalled the game. Nothing works.

I really would appreciate it if you guys could help me out with this.
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:09 PM

Answers