none
Renamed a user account and now duplicates exists.

Question

• Hi!

I have renamed a user and now some gets a duplicate contacts of her in their contact list where one of them is online and the other have the status "Presence Unknown". The one that is unknown have the old SIP but i am sure that it does not exist in AD! Some users only find the old SIP contact in the address book. Another strange thing is that presence works in outlook!

The attribute msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress is set to the correct SIP and it looks good in Lync control panel as well.

I was thinking i needed to sync AD with lync somehow and discovered Update-CSAddressBook but it says that default is every 5 minutes and it has been two days since i change her name.

Log off and on lync does not do it and i have tried to delete Lync profile with no success:

"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync"

Any ideas what to test next? 

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you perform the command to force it update to test the issue.

Update-CsUserDatabase

Force to immediately update the changes performed on Active Directory objects into the back-end SQL database for the pool.

Update-CsAddressBook

Execute Update-CsAddressBook to trigger the Lync Server to synchronize current Active Directory information in the SQL database into the downloadable client and device address book files.

In addition, please also remove Lync 2010 profile:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_<username@domain>\

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, October 01, 2013 9:14 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you check if the old contacts were stored in Outlook? If Lync Client is configured to sync with Outlook that issue can occur.

David

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:05 PM
  • Hi David,

Theres is no old contact of her in Outlook or Exchange.

More Ideas? :)

Thanks!

// Samus

Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you perform the command to force it update to test the issue.

Update-CsUserDatabase

Force to immediately update the changes performed on Active Directory objects into the back-end SQL database for the pool.

Update-CsAddressBook

Execute Update-CsAddressBook to trigger the Lync Server to synchronize current Active Directory information in the SQL database into the downloadable client and device address book files.

In addition, please also remove Lync 2010 profile:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_<username@domain>\

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, October 01, 2013 9:14 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 8:55 AM
  • Thanks!

Update-CsUserDatabase did it!

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:08 AM