none
can't access the site collection created by myself

Question

• Dear All,

i have got a SharePoint  2010  issue ,  i can't access to the site collection created by myself.

i created a web application ,then create a site collection based on it . The steps are like the following:

1. Central Administration --> Application Management--> Manage web applications --> New 

2. choose Classic Mode Authentication as default --> choose Create a  new IIS web site and type in the IIS web site name--> type in the port --> type in the Host Header "app.test.sp.com" --> choose create new application pool --> type in the application pool name --> choose a managed  account for Configurable ,type in the Database Server  name and Database name-->  leave the others all as default--> click Ok 

3. the application has been created successfully. and the URL is "app.sp.test.com:2345/". (i  has asked the DNS server administrator to add a record in the domain zone of "sp.test.com" before)

4.  Application Management-->Create Site Collections

5.  int the page of  creating site collection --> choose the web application created by myself just now--> type in the title ,description ,URL, then select the Team Site template  as default.

6.  then i must  give a primary administrator to the site collection --> click the select user icon ,a popup dialog displays,--type in my domain account,then click enter,my account record displays correctly--> click OK , then i got the first issue ,"Error, An unexpected error has occurred",so i have to close the popup dialog page

7. type in my account directly and click the check name icon ,my account passes the check rule.

8.  leave the quota template as default "No Quota", then click Ok ,the site collection has been created successfully.

9. i type in the URL of the site collection created just now  in IE Browser. a authentication required popup dialog shown, i type in my domain account and password  and click OK .

10. then the second issue occurs, IE doesn't  open the Page but clear the account  name and password i just typed in  and the popup dialog doesn't close yet .  i have tried times but all failed. i used Firefox and chrome but also failed.

Any ideas please let me know !!

Thanks & Regards 

Alber Yao

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm assuming you're accessing the site from the SharePoint server, if so have you disabled the loopback check or entered that URL as an exception?

http://www.harbar.net/archive/2009/07/02/disableloopbackcheck-amp-sharepoint-what-every-admin-and-developer-should-know.aspx

• Marked as answer by Alber Yao Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:54 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:27 PM
  • Dear Alex,

it do work for me .thanks a lot !

but i wonder why i can't access to the site collection whose port is not 80 as default.

by doing what you has suggested,i can access to the site collection whose port is 80,so the site  collection's URL is "app.sp.com/sites/testsite" . but i have a web application with the same url but not the port whose  URL is "app.sp.com:81/sites/testsite", the chrome browser says "could not connect to 'app.sp.com:81' "  .   

do you have any ideas about that ?

Thanks & Regards

Alber Yao

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:53 AM
  • it's my fault ,i forget to add a inbound and outbound rule of the firewall,after  i add a inbound  of firewall ,issues disappeared. 
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:08 AM