none
Cannot load PowerQuery

Question

• Hi,

I download and install the PowerQuery add in( 2.7.3416.121 )but could not load it at Excel. Every time i check the box at com add-ins in excel options does not load. Also the Power MAP add-in(1.0.531) is active until i close the excel application I have to enable it again.  

I have Windows 7, office 365 proplus(15.0.4535.1004) from Power BI Preview , net 4.5

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We have not seen this error before when trying to enable the Power Query add-in, it sounds like you're not seeing any errors during the actual installation? Do you have any other versions of Excel installed? My first suggestion would be to try to repair Excel through the Add/Remove Programs panel or in Excel in the Account tab (there should be an Updates button). If you could also try a reboot to ensure your system returns to a clean state between installations that could help. If you're still encountering issues, please feel free to update this thread or email us using the Smile/Frown functionality in the product.

Thanks,

Theresa

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:56 PM
    Owner

All replies

• I discovered that the add-in is disable with the description "WAS DISABLED BY THE USER AFTER DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION FAILURE", and I cannot disable DEP in 2013. I uninstall it and install it again many times and different versions of Power Query. Is there a turnaround or a solution?

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Hi,

We have not seen this error before when trying to enable the Power Query add-in, it sounds like you're not seeing any errors during the actual installation? Do you have any other versions of Excel installed? My first suggestion would be to try to repair Excel through the Add/Remove Programs panel or in Excel in the Account tab (there should be an Updates button). If you could also try a reboot to ensure your system returns to a clean state between installations that could help. If you're still encountering issues, please feel free to update this thread or email us using the Smile/Frown functionality in the product.

Thanks,

Theresa

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:56 PM
    Owner