none
Power Query online search: Unable to connect to the remote server

Question

• This is the error I get after I click add to worksheet. I see th preview of the data. I am in an enterprise behind a proxy if that helps.

[DataSource.Error] OData: Request failed (ConnectFailure): Unable to connect to the remote server

Stephen

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Stephen,

Could you provide more details on the kind of search results you are adding to worksheet. Are you adding a public search result (such as Wikipedia) or an organizational search result? If this is a public search result, you should verify if you are able to network access teh OData feed endpoint. You can get the OData feed url from the source formula text in power query. To get that you can go into the Power Query editor and look at the Source step on the right hand side pane. Once you have the url (of the form http://publicdata...) you should try try to access it directly in IE and see if you get a response back.

Thanks

Zafar Abbas

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Stephen,

Could you provide more details on the kind of search results you are adding to worksheet. Are you adding a public search result (such as Wikipedia) or an organizational search result? If this is a public search result, you should verify if you are able to network access teh OData feed endpoint. You can get the OData feed url from the source formula text in power query. To get that you can go into the Power Query editor and look at the Source step on the right hand side pane. Once you have the url (of the form http://publicdata...) you should try try to access it directly in IE and see if you get a response back.

Thanks

Zafar Abbas

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:11 PM
  • Hi 

What if i am not connecting the oData from my own company network ? 

Cos i have setup the powerbi and i would like to connect it from my home PC over the Internet

Friday, April 11, 2014 9:19 PM