none
Unable to logon to domain after Netlogon error 5719

Question

• Hi,

I have a Windows 2008 R2 x64 server (not DC) joined to domain with 2 DC.

From 2 month ago sometimes happen Event 5719 netlogon error: the server is running but it cannot login to domain or to be contacted from PC client to use directories shared.

I can login to the server with administrator domain but cannot authenticate in the domain so the unique solution was reboot the server.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Fabio

Thema Development Team

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

Event ID 5719 can be caused by many factors, such as network connectivity, non-paged memory leak occurs in Tcpip.sys, or out of buffer space in the NetBT datagram buffer.

Please refer to this article for more detail information.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2466.active-directory-event-id-5719-source-netlogon-dsforum2wiki.aspx

Regards.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Vivian Wang

Thursday, June 26, 2014 6:49 AM
  • Hi Vivian,

thanks for your suggestion, I will refer to the article to check if there is a solution right for our problem.

Only a precision about what I wrote before:

"I can login to the server with administrator domain but cannot authenticate in the domain so the unique solution was reboot the server."

The right sentence is:

"I cannot login to the server with user domain administrator because it cannot authenticate in the domain so the unique solution was logon locally with administrator and reboot the server immediatly."

Sorry.

Regards,

Fabio

Thema Development Team

Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

You can check follow artictle to verify if ports are open between servers, like 88 (kerberos)

Use telnet to check (telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 88)

http://msmvps.com/blogs/acefekay/archive/2011/11/01/active-directory-firewall-ports-let-s-try-to-make-this-simple.aspx

And,

Have a look at the time difference between dc's and memberserver.

Look in DC security logs for failures, or logs in general.

Verify you can ping your domain.

Rejoin memberserver to domain.

/

best regards

jesper vindum, denmark

Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:38 AM
  • Hi,

Any update about the issue?

Regards.

Vivian Wang

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 8:01 AM
  • Hello Vivian,

the server is a production server so I schedulated next week a set of maintenance job.

The exactly NETLOGON error message is:

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain '******' due to the following:

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

and it seems I can apply KB article 938449.

I'll keep you informed, thanks.

Regards,

Fabio

Thema Development Team

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

Please let us know what is the current situation.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938449/en-au

Regards.

Vivian Wang

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:02 AM
  • Hi Vivian,

I've checked article KB938449 and the problem of NETLOGON described doesn't happen when the server start but after a lot of time that it is running, logged to the domain and works fine.

The server have 2 Gigabit network cards (but only 1 is used) and it is already updated with drivers.

The server is a production file server and there are installed a lot of software like Undelete Server, Symantec Backup 2012 and most important of all Citrix Xen App 6.5. With this situation I can't do any change of registry settings before understand well the cause of the problem.

I have analyzed in detail the Event log and I have found a problem related to Undeleted server that cause server crash so today I have installed the patch.

I will analyze better the problem when it will happen to check if it is related to the network card or drivers or external port switch or it depends to Windows software.

So for the moment I think it is better to close this thread and reopen when I have more information of the cause of the problem.

For the moment thanks for the support!

Regards,
    Fabio

Thema Development Team

Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:28 PM