none
Microsoft Power BI for Office 365 purchase

Question

• I have had an Office 365 ProPlus subscription for one year. I pay $12/month for this subscription. I signed up for the Power BI beta program last fall and I had activated two of the 25 seats available. I did not use the same username as for my Office 365 ProPlus subscription. I recently received a notice that the Power BI subscription is expiring on 3/4/14 so I just purchased the Power BI with SharePoint Online subscription for $40/month.  

I am now getting a message on my Power BI site that there is a licensing conflict between my two subscription. This appears to be occurring because I had activated two seats on the Power BI beta but I only purchased one seat going forward. I have tried to delete one of the seats (users) from Microsoft Power BI for Office 365 subscription but the site won't process the deletion. What should I do?

The other question I have is will my Office 365 ProPlus subscription work with the Microsoft Power BI for Office 365 subscription? Do I just let the Microsoft Office 365 Plan E3 that I received when I signed up for the beta expire?

Thank you.

Arthur Jenkins

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Arthur,

What I would try to do is to assign the licenses you purchased and simply un-assign (not use) the licenses from the trial and let them expire.

If you tried that and you are still getting an error please let me know.

Thanks,

Guy

GALROY

• Marked as answer by AJinCA Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:21 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Arthur,

What I would try to do is to assign the licenses you purchased and simply un-assign (not use) the licenses from the trial and let them expire.

If you tried that and you are still getting an error please let me know.

Thanks,

Guy

GALROY

• Marked as answer by AJinCA Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:21 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:27 AM
  • Hi Guy. Thank you for your reply. I followed your suggestion and the error message no longer appears.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Arthur Jenkins

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:21 PM