none
I have a diagram but don't know what it means

Question

• I have a diagram but don't know what it means, i know that it is about ISA servers - something like internet, vpn,  flows troy ISA server.

There are web servers, exchange servers, but what does this symbol  mean?, is it ISA server or some router ?

Saturday, September 07, 2013 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

that symbol is often used for "router", and your diagram suggests the same.

Usually, the "firewall" symbol would be used for ISA/TMG etc

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by Darren Blanchard Sunday, September 08, 2013 1:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by hehehuhi111 Sunday, September 08, 2013 6:58 PM
    Saturday, September 07, 2013 10:37 PM
  •    The symbol you highlight is usually used for a router, as Don said. Since the sites are so far apart, I suspect the links would be VPN rather than dedicated lines so ISA server is a possibility. I would think these links are not firewalled, as they are essentially internal communication links. Only the Internet connections would be firewalled (the fire and the wall are pretty obvious in the diagram).

Bill

Saturday, September 07, 2013 11:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

that symbol is often used for "router", and your diagram suggests the same.

Usually, the "firewall" symbol would be used for ISA/TMG etc

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by Darren Blanchard Sunday, September 08, 2013 1:04 AM
    Saturday, September 07, 2013 10:37 PM
  •    The symbol you highlight is usually used for a router, as Don said. Since the sites are so far apart, I suspect the links would be VPN rather than dedicated lines so ISA server is a possibility. I would think these links are not firewalled, as they are essentially internal communication links. Only the Internet connections would be firewalled (the fire and the wall are pretty obvious in the diagram).

Bill

Saturday, September 07, 2013 11:49 PM
  • OK, so i will take that symbol as a symbol for router.

Thanks for the reply.

Sunday, September 08, 2013 7:37 PM