none
Excel templates deploy xltx to a domain

Question

• Good Day

I would like to try and automate my setup of office 2013. I have taken a look at the Microsoft Office Customization Tool and found this is a good way to automate a lot of the settings I usually set after each new install of office 2013.

My question is as follows:

If someone sends me an Excel template file (.xltx), could I somehow import all their changes into the OCT?

If that is not possible is there some way I can list all the changes in an template file and then just manually edit the same changes in my OCT deploy?

If that is not possible either, what would be the best way to deploy that xltx file as the default template to all my users on the domain? I assume it would probably be via group policy or some startup script or something.

Eventually I am going to do this for the other office packages (Word + PowerPoint) as well, but for now we can focus on excel.

Thanks!

Renaldo

Monday, August 12, 2013 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hi

If someone sends me an Excel template file (.xltx), could I somehow import all their changes into the OCT?

If that is not possible is there some way I can list all the changes in an template file and then just manually edit the same changes in my OCT deploy?

I have no idea to trace the changes of XLTX. However we could set the file as the default template in Excel as your last request:

Please save your template in the following path:” C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE15\XLSTART”(maybe different depends on your customization) and Excel would create a new workbook based on Book.xltx in next launching.

For detailed information about the steps, please see the following link:

http://www.excel-easy.com/examples/default-templates.html

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

This article supports Excel 2010, but it still supplies to Excel 2013.

Tips: If you don’t want show the start screen when the application starts as the behavior of previous Office version, please just cancel the option of “show the start screen when the application starts”  from File>Option>General>Start up options.

Regards

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:34 AM