none
Steps on capturing and deploying XP SP3 on MDT 2012?

Question

• I successfully captured xp image using MDT. Created a task sequence and specify the xp.wim file that I captured but no luck on deploying. This is the error I am getting after mdt install the os on a machine. Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware referace manuals for additional information.

I loaded the xp source cd and created a task sequence for capture and point the TS for the xp source for the OS. Run the LTE script from a reference computer and successufully capture the image.

I don't know what to do.  Loaded all the drivers that we use for XP machines but I have no luck.

Is there any steps that I could follow to solve my issue?

I am very new to MDT. I don't have SCCM and Database. Just a stand alone MDT 2012.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Moved by arnavsharmaMVP Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:56 AM moving to mdt forums
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:24 PM

Answers

• Agreed, make sure you have the proper Storage Drivers imported and are using the following rule to instruct Sysprep to use the driver when building the sysprep.inf file:

StorageDriverSysprepGroup001

and

SysPrepDriverSelectionProfile

-BrianG (http://supportishere.com)

Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:13 PM

All replies

• Because XP is old, you're most likely getting that error due to a lack of drivers for the machine you are deploying too. Make sure you've imported the necessary drivers into MDT and update the deployment share.
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:45 PM
  • Agreed, make sure you have the proper Storage Drivers imported and are using the following rule to instruct Sysprep to use the driver when building the sysprep.inf file:

StorageDriverSysprepGroup001

and

SysPrepDriverSelectionProfile

-BrianG (http://supportishere.com)

Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:13 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I don't know how to put the StorageDriverSysprepGroup001 and SysPrepDriverSelectionProfile in sysprep. I need more help on this one please.

I created folders on Out of the box drivers>Windows XP>Model of machine>drivers of the machine. Also I created a Selection Profile Windows XP drivers and point the TS/Preinstall/inject drivers/Windows XP drivers but no luck.

How I will create the StorageDriverSysprepGroiup001 and SysPrepDriverSelectionProfile? Do I need to placed all storage driver in this group?

Thank you guys for all your patience for a newbie.

Friday, November 01, 2013 1:46 PM
  • This should help you out: LTI Driver Management (You can't use 2013, but the logic is the same)

I have to ask though, why spend time on XP? There's 6 months of support left before no more updates, no more security patches, no more...

Also I'd recommend installing SQL express and using a database as it'll make MDT more flexible and you can target your drivers much better.
    • Edited by Dan_Vega Friday, November 01, 2013 2:20 PM
    Friday, November 01, 2013 2:17 PM
  • I understand your concern but that was not my decision to make. I just want to make this xp work on my MDT 2012.

Friday, November 01, 2013 3:00 PM
  • MDT 2013 does not support Windows XP you would have to use MDT 2012

Freelance-IT http://www.freelance-it.com.mx

Sunday, November 03, 2013 12:00 AM