none
How to show/hide toggle boxes based on a parameter

Question

• Hi,

In SSRS 2008 I want to add a parameter called 'Show toggle box?' with possible values Yes and No.
    When the user selects Yes the toggle box sign (+) should be displayed in a textbox. Pressing this toggle item displays the detail-section in my report. When selecting No, there should be no sign and the user should not be able to see the detailsection, only the data on group level.
    How do I do this?

The story behind this is that when the report with toggle-boxes is exported to excel, the excelsheet is very slow because of the large number of lines within the report. The user should have the possibility to export to excel without the details and without the toggle option in Excel which makes the excel sheet better to manage.

to make it more visible:

parameter: show toggle box -> YES -> toggle box should appear and user is able to toggle on the groups to see the detail section

g1 (+)  10
    g2 (+)  20
    g3 (-)  30
     d1          10
     d2          20
     d3           5
     ..          ..

parameter: show toggle box -> NO -> no toggle boxes, only the data on group level. Report can be exported to excel and is very small as only the groups are exported

g1     10 
    g2     20
    g3     30

Please help!

• Edited by BardieH Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:13 PM
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Bardieh,

In your scenario, you can use two tablix to achieve your requirement. The first tablix only dispaly data on group level. And the second tablix dispaly the detail information, and add some toggle on the second tablix. Then you can set the tablix visibility base on the parameter value.
    First tablix:=IIF(Parameters!Showtogglebox.Value="Yes",true,false)
    Second tablix:=IIF(Parameters!Showtogglebox.Value="Yes",false,true)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, June 23, 2013 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Bardieh,

In your scenario, you can use two tablix to achieve your requirement. The first tablix only dispaly data on group level. And the second tablix dispaly the detail information, and add some toggle on the second tablix. Then you can set the tablix visibility base on the parameter value.
    First tablix:=IIF(Parameters!Showtogglebox.Value="Yes",true,false)
    Second tablix:=IIF(Parameters!Showtogglebox.Value="Yes",false,true)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, June 23, 2013 7:52 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion. It works fine.

Although I now have two almost identical tablix which is not really nice for maintenance, but OK.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:53 PM