Friday, February 08, 2013 9:48 AM
I'm a part of a engineering team building custom gold images for our customers.
I'm working with SCM 3.0 to better manage our GPO history, however i'm facing several issues, amongst them :
- Importing some GPO fails with the error "The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars". Those GPO contains IE and Office 2010 settings, not firewall rules like someone else who had the same problem.
- SCM 3.0 doesn't care about GPP, which is a major problem when working with IE10, where IE Maintenance has been deprecated (or when you do not manage settings NT4-style)
- SCM 3.0 doesn't include comments added to GPO settings, neither in SCM console or when exporting
- GPO Settings are exported as english only (i could live with that, sadly some of my customers do not)
- Advanced Audit configuration settings value are exported as empty into Excel 2010 when comparing two GPO (they appear fine in SCM)
- In Policies/Windows Settings, Wireless Policies and Public Keys policies doesn't appear
- Child GPO settings for Bitlocker do not appear after comparing then exporting two GPO.
- Disabled components from Control Panel appear with their name and UI replaced by a number and registry path.
- Trusted Add-ins for Outlook have their UI path also replaced by a registry key.
Any help would be appreciated. I would be glad to report others problems to the support team if needed.