Monday, June 27, 2011 8:11 PM
I'm trying to install SCM (Microsoft_Security_Compliance_Manager.Setup) and immediately failing with "Prerequisites not found". The highlighted item says that it doesn't run on the current operating system.
I'm installing it on a 64bit Windows 7 laptop, which as far as I can see is supported.
Friday, July 08, 2011 1:39 PM
That is very odd... Win7 x64 is definitely supported. Is this happening when trying to install the SCM v2.0 Beta, or SCM 1.1.3? (latest beta is available here https://connect.microsoft.com/site715/program2682)
Friday, July 08, 2011 6:46 PM
We 100% support Win7 x64. Here are the prereqs from our MSI/setup code:
- Win7/Server 2008 or greater
- .Net Framework 4 Client
- Windows Installer v4.5
- Visual C++ 2010 Redist (this is included in our MSI)
- 500MB RAM
- 40MB Disk
- Running as admin (or elevated to admin)
- Excel 2007 or later (optional)
- Local instance of SQL (2005 or greater, of any type) - if you don't have one we'll install SQL Express.
I think this is all of them!
- Marked As Answer by Jeff Sigman MSFT Friday, July 08, 2011 6:51 PM
Friday, July 08, 2011 6:48 PM
Whoops - forgot to mention these min requirements are for the SCM v2 Beta. :)