Discussion on the Admin Console for System Center Configuration Manager
*** Read this before posting in this forum ***
Welcome to the Configuration Manager community!
The Configuration Manager forums are a great way to get expert help when you are not finding what you need in documentation or other online publications or if you have further clarifying questions. There are lots of feature experts from the community ready to help - people like you who work with the product every day and have to solve the very same issues you are working though, and of course some of the folks from Microsoft that design, build, test and support the product.
First of all these forums are for System Center Configuration Manager only.
For the latest information see our Product Page
Posts about other products will be moved or deleted to keep the search indexing accurate.
For help with SMS 2003 please see the ‘other links’ at the bottom of this announcement.
Before posting we would ask that you make a reasonable effort to find a solution that has already been published or posted:
· In posts already in the forums - often someone has already hit your issue and posted a solution (see searching below)
· In the documentation library HERE
· On other Technet resources or blogs – links below
Tips for keyword searches:
Sometimes it's just a difference in a keyword, but you can find a lot of answers with the correct ones.
Search in Technet or your favorite search engine:
Keywords: always use 'Configuration Manager' then narrow to specific terms that you find in error messages, component names or logs.
You might be surprised how often the answer is in the top 10 results returned.
Still didn't find what you are looking for?
Great, create a post and provide enough information so you can get a useful answer quickly. The more information you provide, the faster someone can recognize your issue and get you the best solution.
· Look through the forums to locate the category that most closely matches the feature or operation you are attempting.
· Include the version of the product - Config Mgr 2007 SP1, SP2 or R2.
· Describe relevant details about your environment (operating systems, SQL, AD, accounts, site settings) and what you are attempting to accomplish.
· If there is an error or problem include sections of relevant logs and/or exact error messages.
· Describe what remedies you have tried already.
· Check back on your post often, many are answered the same day!
Other Useful Links:
System Center Configuration Manager 2007
Systems Management Server 2003
Community Support Newsgroups
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 360sccm ghost Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:48 PM
- 205700Bill Bradley Thursday, July 02, 2009 9:50 PM
- 046iskala Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:32 AM
- 112765ROSTLER Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:48 AM
- 968sccm ghost Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:03 PM
- 139sccm ghost Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:54 PM
- 135sccm ghost Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:50 PM
- 140djcanning Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:40 AM
- 581Ricardo YSH Monday, May 13, 2013 6:49 PM
- 265sccm ghost Monday, May 13, 2013 11:41 PM
- 255sccm ghost Monday, May 13, 2013 11:38 PM
- 361SGould Monday, May 13, 2013 4:15 PM
- 10157sccm ghost Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:12 PM
- 259Ricardo YSH Monday, May 13, 2013 4:58 PM
- 4108sccm ghost Wednesday, May 08, 2013 11:40 PM
- 576Keys Computer Guy Wednesday, May 08, 2013 4:06 PM
- 189Bishoy Ayad Tuesday, May 07, 2013 2:36 PM
- 7189Pradipt0 Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:09 AM
- 175RV Prabahahran Monday, May 06, 2013 3:48 PM
- 222617sccm ghost Friday, October 26, 2012 4:50 PM