Discussions on Backup and Recovery for System Center Configuration Manager Sites
!! Read this before posting to this forum !!Stan White [MSFT]Microsoft EmployeeWednesday, May 20, 2009 9:00 PM
Welcome to the Configuration Manager community!
The Configuration Manager forums are a great way to get expert help when you are not finding what you need in documentation or other online publications or if you have further clarifying questions. There are lots of feature experts from the community ready to help - people like you who work with the product every day and have to solve the very same issues you are working though, and of course some of the folks from Microsoft that design, build, test and support the product.
First of all these forums are for System Center Configuration Manager only.
For the latest information see our Product Page
Posts about other products will be moved or deleted to keep the search indexing accurate.
For help with SMS 2003 please see the ‘other links’ at the bottom of this announcement.
Before posting we would ask that you make a reasonable effort to find a solution that has already been published or posted:
· In posts already in the forums - often someone has already hit your issue and posted a solution (see searching below)
· In the documentation library HERE
· On other Technet resources or blogs – links below
Tips for keyword searches:
Sometimes it's just a difference in a keyword, but you can find a lot of answers with the correct ones.
Search in Technet or your favorite search engine:
Keywords: always use 'Configuration Manager' then narrow to specific terms that you find in error messages, component names or logs.
You might be surprised how often the answer is in the top 10 results returned.
Still didn't find what you are looking for?
Great, create a post and provide enough information so you can get a useful answer quickly. The more information you provide, the faster someone can recognize your issue and get you the best solution.
· Look through the forums to locate the category that most closely matches the feature or operation you are attempting.
· Include the version of the product - Config Mgr 2007 SP1, SP2 or R2.
· Describe relevant details about your environment (operating systems, SQL, AD, accounts, site settings) and what you are attempting to accomplish.
· If there is an error or problem include sections of relevant logs and/or exact error messages.
· Describe what remedies you have tried already.
· Check back on your post often, many are answered the same day!
Other Useful Links:
System Center Configuration Manager 2007
Systems Management Server 2003
Community Support Newsgroups
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 02216Rob Marshall - MVPMVPFriday, June 15, 2012 5:50 PM
- 014387Stan White [MSFT]Microsoft EmployeeTuesday, December 02, 2008 6:00 PM
- 2144james simons Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:28 AM
- 2141satya10 Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:56 AM
- 6756love_cone Monday, March 11, 2013 7:31 AM
- 1541M_Zakaria Saturday, April 06, 2013 12:20 PM
- 3203Bikram_S Friday, April 05, 2013 6:42 PM
- 2274Wayne444 Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:26 AM
- 2315Wyatt Wong Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:38 AM
- 5314RV Prabahahran Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:38 PM
- 34041Terence Durning Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:48 PM
How to Upgrade SCCM2007 R3 sp2 on Server 2003 32bit\ SQL 2005 32 to SCCM2007 on new hardware Server 2008 64bit\ SQL 2008 64bitDavid Best Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:15 PM
- 9281Marc_Baker Monday, March 18, 2013 4:30 PM
- 1709Sushain_Kapoor Friday, February 15, 2013 12:49 PM
- 31050anan2k Friday, February 22, 2013 12:45 PM
- 66765MGehrls Friday, August 22, 2008 3:02 PM
- 2576Bikram_S Friday, March 01, 2013 3:57 PM
- 174862Stewmang Monday, September 12, 2011 3:54 PM
- 7856RV Prabahahran Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:02 AM
- 2627Felyjos Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:25 PM
- 41050'Avi' Sunday, February 03, 2013 9:09 AM
- 1774milton prather Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:22 PM