Monday, May 28, 2012 7:49 AM
Good Morning All,
I am hoping someone will have an idea as to why when I advertise a new TS to test machines the steps seem to go through & the mid reboot will work albiet the TS goes to quick.
When I check the update has been succesfull it hasnt worked.
The BIZAREE thing is however that if I simply Re-Advertise from the Cache the TS works just perfectly With no issues & is updated upon reboot???
So just to confirm first advert does not work although all the promts & boots happen (too quick)
Re-Advertise from the Console/SCCM Tools all works perfectly no changes just re-advertised????
This is baffling me now & I need to resolve asap to deploy this week.
I look forward to an ideas you guys can share?
- Moved by Moiz Rassiwala[MSFT]Microsoft Employee Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:33 PM (From:Configuration Manager 2007 General)
Monday, May 28, 2012 8:00 AM
Monday, May 28, 2012 8:24 AMJorgen,
I have an install software using a vbscript (tested manually all ok)
- install software using a vbscript (tested manually all ok)
- run a command line for chkdsk to run
- Reboot delay
- Reboot with message
- Install Software using a vbscript (tested manually)
As I said if re-advertised all works perfect the second time, but the first gives all messages & boots but no update complete & the Logs say completed.
Monday, May 28, 2012 8:48 AM
Monday, May 28, 2012 10:24 AM
Not that I can see no, could you if possible post a step TS you would use to do the following
- run the first update (package)
- wait for ** minutes with a message to users to reboot
- on boot run the second update (package)
- wait for ** mins with message to reboot?
Your help is appriciated.