none
Public Folder Database cannot mount on exchange 2007

Question

• Please help.. Need resolve urgent.

I have already uninstall Exchange 2007 in other server, but after i successfully uninstall the Exchange 2007, my production Mail Server with Exchange 2007 cannot access from users.

When i openned the Exchange Console, process snap in a bit to long until the Console openned. And show Microsoft Exchange warning.

The following warning(s) were reported while loading topology information:

get-PublicFolderDatabase

Warning:

Object NameServer\First Storage Group\Public Folder Database has been corrupted and it is in an inconsistent state. The following validation errors have occured:

Warning:

PublicFolderHierarchy is mandatory.

Warning:

PublicFolderHierarchy is mandatory.

If i want to mount the Public Folder Database showed Microsoft Exchange Error

Failed to mount database 'Public Folder Database'

Public Folder Database

Error:

Exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified database: nameserver\First Storage Group\Public Folder Database; Error code: MapiExceptionADPropertyError: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=2418)

If i want to check the hierarchies from ADSIEdit.msc, when i connected to mail server, i only can view the cn=configuration and cn=services, but for cn=microsoft exchange, i dont found.

Please help..

Thank

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:50 PM

Answers

• When uninstalling the server did you remove your only copy of public folders?  If so, you're in trouble.  You can reinstall the server you removed with the same server name, same drive letters and paths for the public folders database and logs, create a new public folder database with the same name and drive letters, and then restore it from backup.  There is no shortcut.

You might want to engage Microsoft Support to hold your hand and help you through this, because this form is not able to provide the kind of urgent assistance for this kind of problem that you require.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sunday, June 17, 2012 12:01 AM

All replies

• When uninstalling the server did you remove your only copy of public folders?  If so, you're in trouble.  You can reinstall the server you removed with the same server name, same drive letters and paths for the public folders database and logs, create a new public folder database with the same name and drive letters, and then restore it from backup.  There is no shortcut.

You might want to engage Microsoft Support to hold your hand and help you through this, because this form is not able to provide the kind of urgent assistance for this kind of problem that you require.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sunday, June 17, 2012 12:01 AM
  • Ed, can you explained to me about copy of public folders? My database email is ok, because i can still opened via browser with https://nameserver/owa

The problem is cannot open from microsoft outlook. I ask someone about the problem why can happened because the public folder corrupted, this is what u mean with i remove only copy of public folder?

I uninstall the exchange 2007 from other server with several step.

First i connected the server who i want to uninstall the exchange 2007 via ADSIEdit.msc

configuration [nameserver.domain.com]

cn=configuration

cn=services

cn=microsoft exchange

cn=[domain]

cn=administrative groups

cn=exchange administrative group

cn=folder hierarchies

i right clicked on the folder hierarchies and deleted cn=Public folders      msExchPFTree ......

and deleted first storage group with the value public folder database in cn=InformationStore

After that, i can successfully uninstall the exchange 2007 from Program and features.

Thx for your help

• Edited by Ichi-san Monday, June 18, 2012 10:55 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 10:36 AM
  • I was responding to the error messages you posted about a missing public folder hierarchy.

There may be a hierarchy object defined in Active Directory, but it's just a placeholder.  The real hierarchy is in the public folder database.  If you don't have a public folder database, then you don't have a hierarchy.

Monday, June 18, 2012 6:52 PM
  • if i see from exchange management console, i still see the Public Folder Database. I ask to someone and they give me the check list to do it for the problem, Can u guide me how to do :

01. Check Configuration Exchange 2007

02. Check Integrity Public Folder Database

03. Check Configuration Edb File

04. Check Configuration Log File

05. Check Capacity Database

06. Repairing Database Configuration

07. Test Integrity and Stability Database

08. Test Mount Database

09. Testing Connect Email Via Outlook client

10. Test Normal Send Recieve Email.

Thanks Ed for your help or someone else.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:06 AM
  • You are asking for someone to give you a complete tutorial in a short-answer free help forum?  Good luck with that.  May I suggest you start using Bing.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:27 AM