none
SharePoint 2013 Popularity Trends Empty

    Question

  • Hi All,<o:p></o:p>

    I have configured SharePoint 2013 on two tier farm (WEB/APP + SQL). Search and UHDC service application has been configured and associated with web app. Site collection Popularity Trends reports not showing any usage data, usage report is empty. I have checked/tried<o:p></o:p>

    1) SQL authentication for logging database<o:p></o:p>

    2) Checked WSS_WPG and WSS_Admin_WPG permission on log folder.<o:p></o:p>

    During debugging I noticed that Search analytic reporting database, AnalyticsItemData table only have records for Event Type = 4. No records for Event Type = 1. For testing purpose I changed event type 4 to 1 for site collection which started showing data in usage reports.<o:p></o:p>

    It seems like usage data is not getting saved into DB.<o:p></o:p>

    All search components are active and all jobs are running successfully.<o:p></o:p>

    Can anyone please suggest any direction?<o:p></o:p>

    Thanks in advance for help.<o:p></o:p>

    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:48 PM

All replies

  • Hi

    Did you manage to resolve this issue, I am having the same problem with Usage stats coming up empty...

    Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:40 AM
  • Any luck here.  Same issue.  I even have a ticket open with MSFT and not moving very fast...

    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:18 PM
  • Any luck here.  Same issue.  I even have a ticket open with MSFT and not moving very fast...

    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:19 PM
  • Hi

    Did you find any solutions to this ?

    I am having the same problem, and having absolutely no luck finding any solutions for this. I get 0 on "Recent" and "Ever" when I click "Most popular items" button in the ribbon in a document Library or pages Library. Also the "Usage" report under "Popularity Trends" is empty.

    I have run out of ideas on how to fix this. Our solution has been in Production for more than six months now.

    Please advice.

    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:55 AM
  • We have the same issue on our SharePoint 2013 Popularity Trends report. The usage data worked well until May. It stops getting new data then.

    We do have up-to-date data in Logging Database, dbo.RequestUsagePartitionX tables, but somehow the data do not appear in the Excel report. Anyone have a suggestion on what could go wrong?

    Thanks in advance.

    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:11 PM
  • Kreedo. Did you get any answer from Microsoft ?

    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:45 AM
  • Ping

    ping

    anybody here ? 

    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:19 PM
  • ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Monday, June 24, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Having the same issue as well =(

    Cheng

    Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:13 PM
  • Same problem here. Anyone?
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:40 PM
  • Exact the same issue here. Did somebody find a solution by now?
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:55 AM
  • Same issue here.
    It worked perfect until - i guess - we changed from http:// to https://. Since then we have only 0 in the populary pages or list-reports. The only report who is working is the "Usage" report below "Site Administration".

    Monday, September 09, 2013 8:50 AM
  • Did any one got solution. same issue for us :)

    Subhash

    Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:58 PM
  • Running into the same issue as the person from 9/9/13 --

    Worked fine prior to migrating http to https://

    6 Server farm 100% server 2012, sharepoint 2013 CU October 

    Wednesday, November 06, 2013 9:35 PM
  • Same issue. 
    Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:07 AM
  • Same here.... Please help!
    Friday, November 22, 2013 2:41 PM
  • The following steps may help you.

    1) Enabling Usage Report in SharePoint Central Administration
    You have to enable usage data collection and timer job in SharePoint Central Administration.
    Look at the following post.
    http://guidesharepoint.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/enabling-usage-reportsharepoint-2013/

    2) Configuring Usage Definition
    In order to get Popularity Trends Report, you have to add recievers and configure "EnableReceivers" settings.
    Look at the following post.
    http://geekswithblogs.net/bjackett/archive/2013/08/26/powershell-script-to-workaround-no-data-in-sharepoint-2013-usage.aspx

    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:02 AM