none
STOP 0x0000007B 0xFFFFF880009A97E8 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034 0x0000000000 0x0000000000

Question

• Dear

The pc worked great.  The same day it was used, the user went away from his pc and after a while came back to his pc:

He saw a black screen with a test that nothing is there (very ruf translating).

So I entered BIOS, I only see the DVD writer, no hard disk.

I disconnect the cable that connects the harddisk to the motherboard. System starts normal, I thaught :OK,  I will go home now.

Helped this old man using a nog that old computer ( bought 13-10-2012) and is made by a company called *** (in Belgium). so it's not a HP or Dell or something known.

It's a build pc, but worked great, although he said that sometimes it freezes.

An yes, after a while, while I wanted to leave , it freezes. desktop become empty (like if windows7 was shutting off).

then bsod then system restarted, then the same error (nothing to start for).

back to bios: no harddisk to see! pfff.

I connected another harddisk (has xp on it). Iwanted to check if it's running: NO problem. bios sees the harddisk and system even booted up (didn't espected this, but xp does say that big change are made in the system.... ).

Anyway, system workswith this harddisk. tried the Original one: bios doesn't see it, tried the xpharddisk, works!.

tried a few  times and same results

Left windows xp running a little bit, opened some programs, ... blabla.

then again the Original harddisk back in: bios sees the harddisk.

But this time it does not boot up  but Always the bsod error.

anyting I try(save mode, last known good conf..., .... ... ),same bsod.

I don't believe the harddisk is broken, I'm now finished backing up the data, sO harddisk works great.

Can it be the bios?the motherboard is a Gigabyte 1155Z77x-d3h atx

video: ASUS GTX550 ti 1G

cooler master GX 750Watt

corsair DDR3 8GB 1600 2*4GB vengeance

intel 1155 Core i7-3770 3.4Ghz.

harddisk is: western digital 3.5"sata3 1tbcaviar blue

This all is according to the invoice.

If I see the harddisk, it does not mention the 3 after SATA!.

Help?

beginner

Monday, July 14, 2014 3:06 PM

Answers

• Ahh I didnt see the text message you posted that was on the black screen. That could also be related to your BIOS. I have seen this issue resolved by simply resetting the BIOS back to factory settings. You can then re-update the BIOS once logged in.

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

• Proposed as answer by Lewis Renwick Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by hara_mo Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:58 PM
    Monday, July 14, 2014 10:41 PM

All replies

• You have either a hardware fault or you do not have the needed driver for your hard drive controller.

See the article @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

This is a pretty common error and it means the hard drive is not accessible because of either an incorrect setting in the system BIOS, a defective drive connection on the motherboard, a defective drive controller on the motherboard, or a missing hardware driver for your hard drive controller.

If you are unable to diagnose the problem then you need to take your system to a professional computer repair shop for professional analysis to isolate the problem. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, July 14, 2014 3:54 PM
  • hardware fault: you mean by this any hardware that can be the cause of this error or you mean the harddisk?

OR not the needed driver for hard drive controller: Pc worked great until last months some freezing occured. and today BSOD.

hard drive not accessible (incorrect settings bios or defective drive connection motherboard): another harddisk does work without problem.

I am able to diagnose the problem , I already diagnosed the harddisk, by connecting  another disk, this starts without any problem. I hope this eliminate the possibility that the connection on the motherboard is defective, and also that the motherboard is the cause.

But it's just my first time I see a harddisk that is barely 2 years old to have errors. I will let western digital tool scan the hardddis.

and it's not that the harddisk is dead.  

At this moment of trying to boot from the 'corrupted harddisk' I don't get anymore a bsod but only the black screen and the message that nothing is there to boot from. But the bios does sees the harddisk.

I did change some things in the bios (settings), and everytime I changed something I rebooted the pc, same error.

But no bsod anymore.  

beginner

• Edited by hara_mo Monday, July 14, 2014 5:09 PM
    Monday, July 14, 2014 4:48 PM
  • It is impossible to pin point the exact cause of your problem via an internet forum.  I cannot say whether it is the motherboard or the hard drive that has a fault, but once you correct the hardware fault you will be able to run Windows again.

And, especially since you state it was working until recently that indicates a catastrophic hardware failure has occurred, not a Windows failure.

Age has no bearing on when a hardware failure will occur.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, July 14, 2014 6:32 PM
  • hmm,

well at this moment I only get the same old error:

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key_

I just hope it's the harddisk and not more then that.

data lifeguard diagostics just finished the standard test and is now doin the extended test.

in the standard text no errors were found... .

beginner

• Edited by hara_mo Monday, July 14, 2014 6:40 PM
    Monday, July 14, 2014 6:39 PM
  • So we can further assist you, can you please visit the below link and create and share the DMP files so we can analyze them. This will help determine the cause of the BSOD error.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/25369.blue-screen-of-death-bsod-troubleshooting-help.aspx

Thank you

Monday, July 14, 2014 9:00 PM
  • I cant boot the system , even not in save mode. I can get the minidumpfile using recovery console (command ) I will give it a try. But don't know how to get the systeminfo without being able to boot. At this moment the extented test has finished: no errors found. Tomorrow i will try to boot the pc, but chances are i will see the same old error ( no bsod): Black screen with text: reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key_

beginner

Monday, July 14, 2014 9:56 PM
  • Ahh I didnt see the text message you posted that was on the black screen. That could also be related to your BIOS. I have seen this issue resolved by simply resetting the BIOS back to factory settings. You can then re-update the BIOS once logged in.

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

• Marked as answer by hara_mo Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:58 PM
    Monday, July 14, 2014 10:41 PM
  • reset bios according to manual
    Always turn off your computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before clearing
    the CMOS values.
    •• After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized
    Defaults) or manually configure the BIOS settings (refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," for BIOS
    configurations).
    CLR_CMOS (Clear CMOS Jumper)
    Use this jumper to clear the CMOS values (e.g. date information and BIOS configurations) and reset the
    CMOS values to factory defaults. To clear the CMOS values, use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch
    the two pins for a few seconds.

After I start the pc:

the option: load optimized ... then boot, or load optimized ... then reboot or enter bios is showed on the screen, I choosed the second.

Windows now starts without any problem.  After a while I  receive a window titles 'microsoft windows' telling me to restart so the changes can be archieved (rough translation). I restarted the pc. Stil booting up normally.

I will get the msinfo and minidump now, before the system chrashes again.

beginner

• Unproposed as answer by Lewis Renwick Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:58 PM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:45 AM
  • minidump file: is from 2012 26th october. no other minidumps files from lately crashes. strange, as the option to register errors is enabled (memory.dmp).
    msinfo32
    speccy

see link (wetransfer) for the zip file

beginner

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:21 AM
  • Since you can now boot and there is no minidump. I suspect the issue was that your BIOS was corrupted. I would check your manufactures webpage for the latest BIOS and drivers for your computer and install them. 

I did check out your minidump that you posted. That one seems to be related to a Driver issue, so updating your drivers should help.

Also, make sure you are only running one antivirus as running multiple can cause issues.

PS if your issue has been solved make sure to make as Answered so that others with the same issue can benefit from the answer.

Thank you

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:58 PM
  • Thanks a lot, the old man is happy that pc works again.

It strange that bios becomes corrupt, I thaught this kind of memory can't be accessed by anything?

Well, I did not update the bios or drivers. I only resetted the bios , following the advice of Lewis Renwick. I followed the steps in the manual to do the reset, and computer starts without any problem.

I even found a option in the bios  that causes the black screen with the error.

Under bios features :

boot option priorities:

boot option #1 :  there are 3 options:  

windows boot manager,

p1: WDC WD10EALX-... (that's the harddisk)

and 'disabled'.

default is windows boot manager, if I change to the harddisk option, pc give the same error.

So it has to be on windows boot manager.

Im' not sure, but I think this option had the harddisk as selected when I first accessed the BIOS, is this maybe because I tested my harddrive (which has windows xp and not windows 7), then the BIOS automaticially changes this option?

strange.

Can't give another explanation of this. 

If BIOS is corrupted (time will tell), then can a update of BIOS and/or drivers help? or maybe the chip is damaged and doint an update will cause more harm?

beginner

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:05 PM
  • I would definitely look into updating drivers and BIOS if there is one since this issue may have been resolved in an update. do one update at a time and test it to see if that is a troublesome update.
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:20 PM
  • I even found a option in the bios  that causes the black screen with the error.

Under bios features :

boot option priorities:

boot option #1 :  there are 3 options:  

windows boot manager,

p1: WDC WD10EALX-... (that's the harddisk)

and 'disabled'.

default is windows boot manager, if I change to the harddisk option, pc give the same error.

So it has to be on windows boot manager.

Im' not sure, but I think this option had the harddisk as selected when I first accessed the BIOS, is this maybe because I tested my harddrive (which has windows xp and not windows 7), then the BIOS automaticially changes this option?

strange.

Can't give another explanation of this. 

If BIOS is corrupted (time will tell), then can a update of BIOS and/or drivers help? or maybe the chip is damaged and doint an update will cause more harm?

beginner

Your system has the UEFI bios and your Windows 7 was installed in the UEFI mode.  Windows XP cannot boot in the UEFI mode, it must boot in the BIOS mode.

UEFI mode will only boot via the Windows Boot Manager and you cannot boot via the Hard disk because it has a UEFI partition.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:39 PM
  • Thank you Rick Dee, I wasn't sure about that and now I learned something. That explains that issue.
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:52 PM
  • Since you can now boot and there is no minidump. I suspect the issue was that your BIOS was corrupted. I would check your manufactures webpage for the latest BIOS and drivers for your computer and install them. 

I did check out your minidump that you posted. That one seems to be related to a Driver issue, so updating your drivers should help.

Also, make sure you are only running one antivirus as running multiple can cause issues.

PS if your issue has been solved make sure to make as Answered so that others with the same issue can benefit from the answer.

Thank you

The minidump you have checked is from the date of purchase, the old man told me that he had a problem the first day and turned back the pc. And as your said, they probably updated the drivers. 

Have you seen multiple antivirus? I lately uninstalled mcaffe scan plus (don't remember the name) as they already had a bitdefender internet security, so that's ok now.

beginner

Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:33 PM

• beginner

Your system has the UEFI bios and your Windows 7 was installed in the UEFI mode.  Windows XP cannot boot in the UEFI mode, it must boot in the BIOS mode.

UEFI mode will only boot via the Windows Boot Manager and you cannot boot via the Hard disk because it has a UEFI partition.

Well , the oringal harddisk couldn't boot up first because it was not there in the bios in the first place, when I temporary disconnected this harddisk and put one of my old harddisk on it , which has windows xp, booted immediately. After this I reconnected the orginal harddisk (windows 7) and this time I could see it in the bios, but couldn't boot it. If I'm correct , at this point I received the BSOD.

So If I understand your explanation: the windows xp harddrive booted up because the option of the harddisk 'p1: WDC WD10EALX-... ' was enabled, and the original harddisk with windows 7 couldn't boot up because the option 'windows boot manager' was not enabled.

It's the first time I hear about a uefi partition. So I have to know how windows is been installed the first time, to set the correct boot option.

I will check for more info about this uefi stuff , as it is new for me, thank a lot for the extra information.

But I was asdvised to update the bios and drivers, I will do this if the old man let me now that his pc failed him again.

beginner

Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:44 PM
  • Are you sure no errors were found in standard text?
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:25 PM
  • Are you sure no errors were found in standard text?

I don't understand what you mean with 'standard text'?

If you mean the harddisk test 'standard test': Yes, no error were found, even not in the extended test.

But I do feel the system is slow, I mean, I don't have such a pc , I have a laptop, and I'm satisfied with the speed. And harddisk makes lot of noise.

So I'm not sure if the pc just feels like it's slower, ....

beginner

• Edited by hara_mo Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:37 PM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:35 PM