none
Missing "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter"

Question

• I have a virtual machine running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 that is missing the "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter" in devmgmt.msc.  I have done the regfix of adding DisabledComponents=0 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\ and I have unhidden the devices in devmgmt.msc.  I have rebooted several times and yet the "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter" doesn't come back.  How do I manually add the interface?
    • Moved by Tiger Li Friday, June 10, 2011 8:44 AM (From:Platform Networking)
    Thursday, June 09, 2011 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Snickered.

Not sure whether you resolved this, or just rebuilt the server, but I performed the following to get my Teredo Pseudo-adapter back.

1. InDevice Manager, right click the Computer node and select Add Legacy Hardware.
    2. Click Next in the wizard
    3. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced). Click Next
    4. Select Network Adapters under Common hardware types.  Click Next
    5. Select Microsoft under Manufacturer and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.  Click Next
    6. Click Next to install the hardware.

May come in useful in future.

Cheers

Shaun

• Proposed as answer by Shaun Laughton Friday, November 25, 2011 11:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by snickered Friday, November 25, 2011 4:39 PM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 11:15 AM

All replies

• Hi snickered,

Thanks for posting here.

Please try performing  “netsh interface ipv6 set teredo client” with administrator permission in command prompt and restarting this VM to see how is going.

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 8:17 AM
  • Hi Snickered.

Not sure whether you resolved this, or just rebuilt the server, but I performed the following to get my Teredo Pseudo-adapter back.

1. InDevice Manager, right click the Computer node and select Add Legacy Hardware.
    2. Click Next in the wizard
    3. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced). Click Next
    4. Select Network Adapters under Common hardware types.  Click Next
    5. Select Microsoft under Manufacturer and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.  Click Next
    6. Click Next to install the hardware.

May come in useful in future.

Cheers

Shaun

• Proposed as answer by Shaun Laughton Friday, November 25, 2011 11:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by snickered Friday, November 25, 2011 4:39 PM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 11:15 AM
  • Wow... I don't even remember starting this thread.

Thanks Shaun, I guess I rebuilt... who knows.  I can't believe I didn't try what you described... old-school...

Friday, November 25, 2011 4:39 PM
  • Man this saved my bacon. for some reason the driver was missing and nothing I did including the MS Fixit did any good. I could not remote desktop at all until this.

Friday, January 17, 2014 12:57 AM
  • Thanks Shaun!  \

I finally got Teredo Adaptor back, but it has the same ! point it did before I tried to fix and it went away for good.  Ever since I have had trouble connecting to the internet.

Now, how do I get Error Code 10 Cannot Start to run??????

It has nothing in advanced or Values????

Please help, I would like to keep and run this since internet been messed up for 3 weeks now!

JudyB_729

Monday, August 04, 2014 12:37 AM