none
Fim Portal Installation Issues

Question

• Hello everyone

I'm trying to install a FIM 2010 environment using the Test Lab Guide. Now I stuck at Step 8: Install FIM Synchronization Service, FIM Portal, SSPR, and FIM Reporting when trying to install the FIM Portal on FIM1. It brings an error message when I try to add the Management Server (APP2) (see picture). Any suggestion, what I could do to get rid of that and finish the installation?

Thx

I appreciate it very much if you vote my Replies as Helpful or Mark as Answer if I could help you out. Thanks!

Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:18 AM

Answers

• got it fixed!

I had to register the data ware house server (app2) to the service manager mgmt server (app1)

after that, it worked :)

seems as the test lab docu is not complete.

thx for your help anyway

I appreciate it very much if you vote my Replies as Helpful or Mark as Answer if I could help you out. Thanks!

• Edited by Ronin47 Friday, May 03, 2013 1:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronin47 Friday, May 03, 2013 1:32 PM
    Friday, May 03, 2013 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you should check FIM 2010 R2 Reporting Service installation Pre-requisites before starting installation :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj133863(v=ws.10).aspx

Follow this link to go through all required Pre-requisites.

Thanks~

Giriraj

• Proposed as answer by GirirajSingh Friday, May 03, 2013 3:43 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by GirirajSingh Friday, May 03, 2013 3:43 PM
    • Proposed as answer by DeepakArora Friday, May 03, 2013 5:32 PM
    Thursday, May 02, 2013 3:28 PM
  • Hi,

I think you should check FIM 2010 R2 Reporting Service installation Pre-requisites before starting installation :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj133863(v=ws.10).aspx

Follow this link to go through all required Pre-requisites.

Thanks~

Giriraj

Hi Giriraj,

Thx for your answer.

• The System Center Service Manager Management Server database must be deployed to a stand-alone machine. A separate SQL Server instance is recommended. --> done (installed it on APP1)
    • The System Center Service Manager Data Warehouse and associated database must be deployed to a stand-alone machine. A separate SQL Server instance is recommended. --> done (installed it on APP2)
    • The Data Warehouse has been registered to the SCSM Management Server. --> What does that mean?
    • The System Center Service Manager Server Console has been installed on the machine running the FIM Service. --> done (installed on FIM1, console connects to APP1)
    • PowerShell 2.0 has been installed on the machine running the FIM Service, Management Server, and Data Warehouse components. --> ok, since I'm using Win 2008 R2
    • The initial Management Pack Synchronization job on the System Center Service Manager Data Warehouse has been completed. --> What does that mean?
    • All pre-requisite hotfixes have been deployed to the System Center Service Manager Management Server and Data Warehouse components. --> Used to have SCSM2010 without SP1 and Hotfixes, but I fixed it according to the Fim Testlab Guide
    • The FIM Synchronization service has been installed on the machine running the FIM Service. --> done (on FIM1)

As stated, I upgraded all (APP1, APP2, FIM1) to SCSM2010 SP1, and installed the Cumulative Update 2 and Hotfix KB2561430 on all of those 3 Servers.

Now I've got a different error message, but I still fail:

What else could I do?

Friday, May 03, 2013 8:51 AM
  • got it fixed!

I had to register the data ware house server (app2) to the service manager mgmt server (app1)

after that, it worked :)

seems as the test lab docu is not complete.

thx for your help anyway

• Edited by Ronin47 Friday, May 03, 2013 1:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronin47 Friday, May 03, 2013 1:32 PM
    Friday, May 03, 2013 1:32 PM
  • Hi Ronin,

Good to know that your issue is resolved .

As you can see in the error which you are getting after following all those Reporting Service installation Pre-requisites, the first point is showing it clearily.

Anyway, Good luck :)

Thanks~

Giriraj Singh Bhamu

Friday, May 03, 2013 3:43 PM