none
How do I bring Navigator back up?

All replies

• Hi Phil,

Currently there is no way to bring the Navigator back to an intermediate state. Think of the Navigator as a "wizard", you need to restart the wizard the next time. As you point out, there is not any "Recents" feature that would help you reconnect to the same source, so you need to start from scratch to bring the additional tables.

These are both things in our future roadmap though we can't share specific timelines for when they will become available. We understand that making it easy to connect to frequent/recent sources or reuse previous queries across workbooks is very important.

As for the "Related threads", it seems that the TechNet forums platform took the "back up" words from this thread title as relevant, and matched it with several other threads that have the same words in the title. This isn't something specific to the Power Query forum so it's out of our control unfortunately.

Regards,
    M.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:13 PM
  • Thanks for the info on the Navigator.

I'm surprised that starting a new thread in a specific forum searches all forums.  I can see why they do it but why not create a top level result group of items in this form and then another All Other results.

I went to a MS BI Stack PASS meeting last night and it got me interested in Power Query. If this tool is supposed to end up in end users hands I hope they add an expression editor with intellisense.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:05 PM
  • Glad that you liked it. Thanks for the feedback!
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:19 PM