none
How to use Allow focus of the Group Policy Snap-in to be changed when launching from the command line check box?

Question

• This is what I found but still don't know to use the Allow focus of the Group Policy Snap-in to be changed when launching from the command line check box :

If you want to save a Group Policy Object Editor console and choose which Group Policy object opens in it from the command line, select the Allow focus of the Group Policy Snap-in to be changed when launching from the command line check box in the Select Group Policy Object dialog box.

Friday, July 19, 2013 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

Similar thread has been discussed:

http://forums.windowsitpro.com/forums/aft/51816

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Vivian Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:14 AM
  • Hi Vivian,

This is the answer from that forum of the link:

If you simply type in the name of the console, for example gpedit.msc it will execute that snap-in with the MMC.

O.K i tried both check and uncheck the Allow focus of the Group Policy Snap-in to be changed when launching from the command line check box and save it to the desktop and then typing the name of the console in cmd and the MMC console with that name opened to the configuration area where i configured the policies.

I mean checking and unchecking the Allow focus of the Group Policy Snap-in to be changed when launching from the command line check box has the same result if i open it with cmd by typing the saved console MMC name.

Regard,

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:22 PM