none
No policy settings on certificate authority console

Question

• Greetings,

The microsoft article discussing windows server 2000 under the heading "Configuration of Certificates to Be Issued" in the third paragraph talks about right clicking the Policy settings node under the certificate authority.  When look on the certificate authority, I do not see a Policy settings node to right click on.

Not that I am running Small Business Server 2011 if it makes a difference.  Also, when I click request new certificate on the certificate (local computer) personal\certificates node, I get only three certificate types whose status is available.  All other ones (including the web server template) show as status unavailable.

How can I get the other templates.  I looked at their permissions using the active directory sites and services under services/public key services/certificate templates but the permission already allow the currently logged on userid.

Your help is much appreciated

• Edited by Mario Jauvin Saturday, April 05, 2014 8:55 PM
    • Moved by Amy Wang_Moderator Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:24 AM certificates related from Windows Server General forum
    Saturday, April 05, 2014 8:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Mario,

The article you mentioned applies to Windows Server 2000, on my Windows Server 2008 R2, there is no Policy Settings node, too.

Instead, there is a Certificate Templates node under the CA name, you can right click on it, select New then click on Certificate Template to issue, after that you can enable new certificate templates.

I hope this helps.

Amy Wang

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 7:54 AM