none
Power Map has encountered an error and it needs to close, after changing the graphic settings

Question

• I've been using the updated Power Map tool successfully over the past few days.

Last night I was playing around with the graphics settings that can be found under the File Tab (I know that should teach me from playing around and following the user guide :-) ) and I changed the detail from Medium to High (I think) and now all that happens when I click on create a new tour or select an existing tour is

"Power Map has encountered an error and it needs to close. Power Map can collection information about the error and create an e-mail which you will be able to send to Microsoft and help us fix the problem. Do you want to do this?"

The error that gets generated can be seen below.

Thank you for submitting this error information to Microsoft. We appreciate your help!

System.Exception: Could not create the render target shared resource.
       at Microsoft.Data.Visualization.Engine.Graphics.Internal.D3DImage11.SetBackBuffer11(IntPtr pResource)
       at Microsoft.Data.Visualization.Engine.Graphics.D3DImage11.SetBackBuffer(RenderTarget renderTarget)
       at Microsoft.Data.Visualization.VisualizationControls.GlobeViewModel.CompositionTarget_Rendering(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
       at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.AnimatedRenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I've removed Power Map from the system, restarted, repaired Office, restarted and reinstalled Power Map but the problem remains. So i'm guessing that the setting I changed are stored in the Registry or File System somewhere.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Rob Ireland

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:59 AM

Answers