none
RWW -2146828218Permission Denied

Question

• When one of my users is trying to remote in using RWW on his Vista computer from home, he receives the error below when he clicks connect. Haven't seen this before. I did test the connection last week from my windows 8.1 computer and it's worked perfectly. Already checked NLA and it's set to allow connections from all computers. Any ideas?

Monday, February 03, 2014 5:30 PM

Answers

• Hi pstoric,

Based on your description, it seems that this issue isn’t related to RWW. Would you please use another Windows 7 client and check if encounters the same issue? When this user encounters the issue, which Browser did he use, IE or others? Please use another Browser and monitor this issue. Meanwhile, please logon as administrator, and then if this issue still exists.

Please run regedit to open Registry Editor, then follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Internet Explorer\ Main\ FeatureControl\ FEATURE_OBJECT_CACHING

Check if the Data of iexplore.exe is set to 1. If not, please set and then check if can solve this issue.

Please note: before operation, please back up registry entries to avoid any unexpected issue.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi pstoric,

Based on your description, it seems that this issue isn’t related to RWW. Would you please use another Windows 7 client and check if encounters the same issue? When this user encounters the issue, which Browser did he use, IE or others? Please use another Browser and monitor this issue. Meanwhile, please logon as administrator, and then if this issue still exists.

Please run regedit to open Registry Editor, then follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Internet Explorer\ Main\ FeatureControl\ FEATURE_OBJECT_CACHING

Check if the Data of iexplore.exe is set to 1. If not, please set and then check if can solve this issue.

Please note: before operation, please back up registry entries to avoid any unexpected issue.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:55 AM
  • I tested it from my Windows 7 laptop the same day and It was working fine

I'll try your suggestion next chance I have and reply back.

Monday, February 17, 2014 2:40 PM