none
Windows 8 can't boot (Really rare problem)

Question

• Hello. My PC isn't booting well.

It starts with 'Automatic Repair' and leaves me a message into ' D:\Windows\System32\logfiles\srt\SrtTrail.txt '. 
    The SrtTrail.txt says that Windows can't find the problem, but in all processes that 'Automatic Repair' does, it shows and error called '0x0' which delivers me (on internet) to an Windows 7 Updating problem. Is that okay?

I've tried 'Refresh PC' and stops at 95% showing an error message that Windows couldn't done it.
    I've tried 'Recovery to last point', it shows 'Finished' and after that says that Windows couldn't done it. That lead me to check (on CMD) for:

chkdsk /R

To look the system file, and it's "NTFS".
    Says that Windows 'can't run disck checking on this volume because it's write protected'

I've tried so many commands on CMD.

Like: 

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bcdboot c:\Windows /s  c: /L en-us

bootsect /nt60 all /force /mbr

And nothing. Nothing solves the problem.
    I've tried to deactivate/bypass 'Automatic Repair' to see if Windows solved the problem but 'Automatic Repair' still looking for it. And I couldn't, neither.

May I ask for your help, please?
    Thank you!

• Edited by Nightparis Saturday, October 05, 2013 8:09 AM Extra data
    Saturday, October 05, 2013 8:00 AM

Answers

• If you have the install DVD, then you should be able to do an upgrade over the top of the existing O/S, which install the O/S again but not lose any existing data, installed programs  or settings. You would have to do it at the desktop and ., put the dvd into the trey. The install sequence will start or you are going to have use File Explorer and go to the dvd and start the install, just don't format the HD during the install process.

If you can get to the desktop, then run the scan to see if there are corrupted system files with the O/S possibly replacing those files automatically from the install dvd. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff184577.aspx

Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:07 PM
  • <copied>

Nope. I can't. When I boot from the DVD, BIOS recognizte it, and a black screen shows off, like it's loading and nothing appears (20 minutes waiting and didn't change).
    I'm gonna cry on the floor all night. *joke* 

<end>

What do you have to lose if you let it go longer than 20 minutes? If you wakeup in the morning and then it moved on, just think of how happy you'll be. :) 

It may come down to you get a boot DVD like Ultimate Boot CD or one of the others that someone can burn for you, boot off the DVD, wipeout the HD and reinstall the O/S.

Sunday, October 06, 2013 12:38 AM

All replies

• If you have the install DVD, then you should be able to do an upgrade over the top of the existing O/S, which install the O/S again but not lose any existing data, installed programs  or settings. You would have to do it at the desktop and ., put the dvd into the trey. The install sequence will start or you are going to have use File Explorer and go to the dvd and start the install, just don't format the HD during the install process.

If you can get to the desktop, then run the scan to see if there are corrupted system files with the O/S possibly replacing those files automatically from the install dvd. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff184577.aspx

Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:07 PM
  • But I'm stuck in Windows boot. I can't reach the desktop. It's only giving me 3 options. 'Turn Off PC' - 'Continue to Windows 8' (Which re-boots) and 'Advanced Settings'.
    Saturday, October 05, 2013 7:38 PM
  • <copied>

But I'm stuck in Windows boot. I can't reach the desktop. It's only giving me 3 options. 'Turn Off PC' - 'Continue to Windows 8' (Which re-boots) and 'Advanced Settings'.

<end>

You should be able to boot off the DVD and do a repair install from the DVD too, if you have the DVD.  You should be able to go to the BIOS and switch the boot sequence and make it boot from the DVD.

Saturday, October 05, 2013 9:42 PM
  • Nope. I can't. When I boot from the DVD, BIOS recognizte it, and a black screen shows off, like it's loading and nothing appears (20 minutes waiting and didn't change).
    Saturday, October 05, 2013 10:53 PM
  • <copied>

Nope. I can't. When I boot from the DVD, BIOS recognizte it, and a black screen shows off, like it's loading and nothing appears (20 minutes waiting and didn't change).

<end>

What do you have to lose if you let it go longer than 20 minutes? If you wakeup in the morning and then it moved on, just think of how happy you'll be. :) 

It may come down to you get a boot DVD like Ultimate Boot CD or one of the others that someone can burn for you, boot off the DVD, wipeout the HD and reinstall the O/S.

Sunday, October 06, 2013 12:38 AM