Server 2012 R2 - Right Click Start Button - No Logoff

General discussion

• In Server 2012 R2 there is no Logoff when right clicking the start button.  I understand you can logoff using the Metro Interface (Start Menu) but if you are including shutdown and restart to the right clicking the start button options I would think logoff should be there as well since you would logoff way more often then shutdown or restart, especially on servers.
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:05 PM

All replies

• windows button -> typ shutdown -r -t 0 for instant restart or shutdown -s -t 0  for instant shutdown. 

You have if you hoover your mouse to the right corner of your screen a button for reboot/shutdown.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:20 PM
  • I already know about the shutdown commands.  This is not what I am talking about.  I am talking about adding a physical button like the shutdown and restart that have been added to Server 2012 R2 by right clicking the start button.  I just think having a logoff button their would be a useful feature.
    Friday, July 12, 2013 1:52 PM
  • I agree - Logoff would be an obvious option to have here. We can hope it gets added to RTM.

Justin

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:17 PM
  • Agreed! Its already annoying me!! Whats the point in remote desktop if you cant log off and disconnect is bad practice!
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:53 AM