none
What's new in Power Query January 2014 update?

Answers

• December is typically a slow month at Microsoft for all the obvious reasons. Because of that, we decided to focus on bug fixes and other product quality improvements. Over 250 product issues were fixed in this release.

There were also significant improvements to the Text/CSV import experience to automatically detect column delimiters.

One subtle change might take some getting-used-to -- or at least it did for me: the advanced editing dialog is now accessed from the "View" tab on the main editing dialog instead of being a mysterious button on the formula bar.

Sunday, January 19, 2014 10:24 PM

All replies

• December is typically a slow month at Microsoft for all the obvious reasons. Because of that, we decided to focus on bug fixes and other product quality improvements. Over 250 product issues were fixed in this release.

There were also significant improvements to the Text/CSV import experience to automatically detect column delimiters.

One subtle change might take some getting-used-to -- or at least it did for me: the advanced editing dialog is now accessed from the "View" tab on the main editing dialog instead of being a mysterious button on the formula bar.

Sunday, January 19, 2014 10:24 PM
  • Thanks for the info!

Marco

Monday, January 20, 2014 4:23 AM
  • Any chance we could additionally have it where it was before - mystery notwithstanding?

I use the "advanced editor" more than any of those other ribbon commands. Is sad to add another click to get to it.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:51 AM
  • The "advanced editing" change was made as a result of the number of support questions we've had to field about the functionality; it just wasn't discoverable where it was. There's a (not-uncommon) tension, of course, between discoverability for a new user and accessibility for an experienced user. It's not out-of-the-question that we get back to one-click "advanced editing" in some form, but we don't have any specific plans or timelines around that yet.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:53 PM