none
Viewing Reports in Internet Explorer 8 returns blank page

Question

• Hi 

We are using SSRS 2008 r2 and in our European offices they use Internet Explorer 8.

When I run reports on a test pc in this office it does not render the page for the report.

I have disabled script debugging and the first report works and then it returns an error. The error is shown below, what can I do to get it to work correctly? The reports work fine in the UK and I am told the pc build is the same except for the language packs and the network connection.

Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
    Details: Error parsing near '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLI'.

Monday, September 09, 2013 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Nasa1999,

In the basis of the error message, I suggest to configure the Report Server Web Service to use a different port as the Report Manager URL.

Moreover, it may be the issue that the applications reach its limit for form keys or files and JSON.Because Microsoft security update MS11-100 limits the maximum number of form keys, files, and JSON members to 1000 in an HTTP request. Due to this change, ASP.NET applications reject requests that have more than 1000 of these elements.

In this case, I advise to modify the ASP.NET appSetting (aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys) in the web.configfile of the Report Manager (or the custom application you use to display the reports) as follows:

<configuration>
    <appSettings>
    <add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="10000" />
    </appSettings>
    </configuration>

For the detailed information, please refer to the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2661403/en-us

If the issue still exists, I suggest to use a third party browser to confirm whether the issue persists. If the issue disappears, it may be an Internet Explorer 8 issue. In this scenario, you can try to upgrade IE8 to IE9.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:42 PM