none
Disable or Remove "Change" button option from "Add or Remove Program" panel

Question

•  

Hey everybody,

I have a problem with my Office 2007 package, how to disable the "change" button option from "Add or Remove Programs" panel ?

I use :

• Windows XP Pro SP2 US
    • Microsoft Office Standard 2007 with custom msp file ( including Microsoft Office 2007 service pack 1 and the tool SaveAsPDFandXPS )
    • Last version of Administrative Templates

The installation run without problem, i have the custom Microsoft Office Standard 2007 SP1 with the tool for PDF and XPS.

With the user profile, not adminstrator rigth, just simply Users, from "Add or Remove Program" panel :

• I can't remove the Office 2007 program, it's normal
    • But I can use "change" option for "Add or Remove Features", I can choose to report "Not Available" option for the all features including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc..., is it normal ?

I would like to disable "Change" button option with the Office OCT, or GPO or another solution.

With OCT, I can enabled the feature "Disable Package Repair" from "Microsoft Office 2007 system (machine)\Security Settings" but it not sufficient.

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:08 AM

All replies

• Same problem here! Any hints for this problem?
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:51 AM
  • I created for configuration an additional xml file in the STandard.WW directory.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179195%28v=office.12%29.aspx#ElementARP

<Configuration Product="Standard">

<ARP ARPNOMODIFY="Yes" ARPNOREMOVE="Yes" />

</Configuration>
    This works for me to remove the change and uninstall button in Add/Remove Programs.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:06 AM
  • Are you talking about control pannel.
    Tuesday, April 03, 2012 5:06 AM