none
Invalid Manifest Detected Sequencing

    Question

  • I have been trying to virtualize an application called Mosaiq for deployment in our VDI environment with App-V 5 SP2 HP4. Each time I try to sequence the app I get an Invalid Manifest Detected error when saving. I have finally found that the issue is related to the Install registering a slew of .net Assemblies via regasm.exe.  Does any one have any advice on how to get this sequenced.  Here is what was in the temp\scratch folder after the sequencing failed. I would prefer not to have to have a script runt to register all the dll's

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0bk0tdjsjoyfep/qv4yeult.rat.Manifest.xml?dl=0

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:27 AM

Answers

  • Thanks Ben I was able to track down the issue following what Dan had outlined. Looks like one of the assemblies this app registers has some nonsense in the registry when it gets registered. This nonsense causes the XML doc to become malformed. Here are some screen shots of what was in the HKCR\Wow6432\CLSID\{Guid}\ProgId\Default

    esp.ManagedAutoPtr<esp::SimulatedAnnealing<6\,double> >

    espcorona.ManagedSharedPtr<esp::Volume<esp::Image<3\,unsigned short\,void\,void> > >

    espcorona.ManagedSharedPtr<esp::ImageHistogram>

    And at the HKCR\

    I ended up unregistering the assembly using resasm /u finished the sequence and created a script to then register the dll when the app launches. Thanks for the help.


    • Edited by Matt Karel Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Matt Karel Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:07 PM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:56 PM

All replies

  • Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:43 AM
  • Thanks Ben, that yielded some details. here is what was in the debug logs.

    A manifest document failed validation against the schema(s).
    DOM Error: 0xC00CE169
    Reason: 'esp.ManagedAutoPtr<esp::SimulatedAnnealing<6\,double> >' violates pattern constraint of '[^\\]*'.
    The element '{http://schemas.microsoft.com/appv/2014/manifest}ProgId' with value 'esp.ManagedAutoPtr<esp::SimulatedAnnealing<6\,double> >' failed to parse.

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:13 PM
  • Thanks Ben I was able to track down the issue following what Dan had outlined. Looks like one of the assemblies this app registers has some nonsense in the registry when it gets registered. This nonsense causes the XML doc to become malformed. Here are some screen shots of what was in the HKCR\Wow6432\CLSID\{Guid}\ProgId\Default

    esp.ManagedAutoPtr<esp::SimulatedAnnealing<6\,double> >

    espcorona.ManagedSharedPtr<esp::Volume<esp::Image<3\,unsigned short\,void\,void> > >

    espcorona.ManagedSharedPtr<esp::ImageHistogram>

    And at the HKCR\

    I ended up unregistering the assembly using resasm /u finished the sequence and created a script to then register the dll when the app launches. Thanks for the help.


    • Edited by Matt Karel Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Matt Karel Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:07 PM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:56 PM